Departmentalization in Elementary Schools
- History for the Elementary-School Child. Rogers, Vincent R. // Education Digest;Mar1963, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p48
The article focuses on the educational programs designed for teaching history to elementary-school children in the U.S. In teaching history at the elementary-school level, history is approached generally as a precise body of knowledge, proven beyond doubt, and ready to be mastered by students....
- Education NewsWatch. // Teaching Pre K-8;Aug/Sep90, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p8
Presents newsworthy items for the professional elementary school teacher. Questions under consideration by Wider Opportunities for Women (WOW), an agency of the National Commission on Working Women; Possibility that WOW's findings could lead to a more efficient funding of women's literacy...
- Highlights From the N.E.A. and A.F.T. Conventions. K. D.; A. B. // Education Week;8/1/1990, Vol. 9 Issue 40, p20
Information about several papers discussed at U.S.'s two major teachers' unions' conventions, the National Education Association (NEA) and the American Federation of Teachers (AFT) is presented. As many as one-third of the nation's elementary-school children would receive an educational boost by...
- Studying Peace in Elementary Schools: Laying a Foundation for the "Peaceable Kingdom". Tabachnick, B. Robert // Theory & Research in Social Education;Spring90, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p169
The article offers information on the U.S. peace education which focuses on preventing nuclear war. World peace is strongly advocated as an important part of the curriculum especially for the elementary age children. It aims to develop knowledge, attitudes, and action in the micro-context of...
- School Resilience-Building Key-Experiences: Greek In-service and Student Teacher Assessments. Tsakalis, Panayiotis; Sourlou, Evlambia // International Journal of Learning;2010, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p95
This study aims at examining inservice and student teachers' assessments of the efforts made by the Greek elementary schools to promote resilience and to develop a sense of connection and wellbeing to the school environment. There are four main categories (Henderson & Milstein, 1996) of...
- Scottsdale, Arizona: Technology Put to Work. Raymond, Allen // Teaching Pre K-8;Jan90, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p59
Focuses on the Hohokam Elementary School in Scottsdale, Arizona. Importance of the team concept for the school; Computer activities for students; Teachers; Mission statement of the school; Factors contributing to the success of the school.
- Meet the teacher dates set. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/28/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p1
The article reports that Whitney Intermediate School will hold its Meet the Teacher night on August 29, 2013 to allow elementary and intermediate pupils to meet their teachers.
- NEWS NOTES. Tanner, Laurel N.; Tanner, Daniel // Educational Leadership;May1970, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p857
The article offers news briefs related to education in the United States. School hours is extended at five elementary schools located in New York City, on the other hand, Slater Elementary School primary pupils were dismissed at 2:30 while those who does not perform well in class remains till 3...
- Helping HANDS. Felix, Kathie // MultiMedia & Internet@Schools;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p23
Presents updates on events related to education in the U.S. as of November 2004. Launch of the Inspired Teacher Scholarship Rookie Awards by Inspiration Software; Information on an energy contest for K-12 teachers and students launched by iScienceProject.