Network voltage analysis
- PJM Board Approves Nearly $1 Billion in Electric Transmission Upgrades to Keep Power Flowing. // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;12/6/2012, p3
The article reports on the approval by the PJM Board of additional electric transmission upgrades to maintain reliability power supplies.
- North America. // T&D Report 2005 The World's T&D Systems & Markets for Transmissi;2005, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p213
Presents an update on the transmission and distribution of electric power in North American countries as of October 2005. Organization of the Canadian electricity supply industry; Importance of the electricity network to the U.S.; Recount of the August 14, 2003 blackout in the U.S. and Canada.
- Pouvoir et leadership dans les canaux de distribution: la logistique face aux jeux des acteurs. Noireaux, Virginie; Poirel, Carole // Revue Management et Avenir;may2009, Issue 24, p32
Power is a key concept when analysing the distribution channels. Several CRET-LOG members have used it in order to understand the interplay of actors and the logistics relationships between industry and retailing. This article presents their works on the understanding and implementation of the...
- Transmission Systems in TRANSITION. Shapiro, Lisa // Energy User News;Oct2002, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p8
Focuses on the transmission systems of electric power in the U.S. Consideration of the volume of energy; Actual cost of moving power; Reliability of the dispatching plants in some regions.
- STRENGTHENING THE CRITICAL LINK. Owens, David K.; Gale, Roger // Electric Perspectives;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p38
Discusses the need for an enhanced electric power transmission system to strengthen the energy market in the United States. Factors contributing to the need to expand transmission; Obstacles to building the transmission system; Approaches to rate of returns and other pricing incentives to...
- Transmission may take leading role in the next 'energy crisis' // Electric Light & Power;May2001, Vol. 79 Issue 5, p3
Focuses on issues discussed at the Transmission & Distribution sessions held during PennWell's American Power Conference in Chicago, Illinois. Debate over the types of regional transmission organizations most appropriate for which market; Economic and policy issues related to transmission; Role...
- EvaluaciÃ³n del desempeÃ±o de la radiaciÃ³n emitida por el sol como sistema de suministro de energÃa a un pico-satÃ©lite "CUBESAT". Hernández, R. Sergio; Gómez, V. Ernesto; Rocha, A. Diego F. // Tecnura;2012, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p19
In the operation of a satellite is vital electricity, as this should feed all the same systems, such as command and control, that of communications, attitude control, among others. This energy can be obtained, basically, in outer space to Earth in different forms, either from nuclear reactions...
- MISO Proposes Hybrid Resource Plan, Annual Capacity Auctions. BEATTIE, JEFF // Energy Daily;8/19/2011, Issue 159, p3
The article reports on the proposal by the Midwest Independent Transmission System Operator (MISO) to begin flexible capacity auctions and formalize interim rules to encourage demand response among resource adequacy rules. The resource adequacy plan of MISO would replace centralized capacity...
- EVALUATION OF RELIABILITY, LOSSES AND POWER QUALITY CONSIDERING TIME VARIATIONS OF LOAD IN PRESENCE OF DISTRIBUTED GENERATION SOURCES. Hamedi, Hadi; Gandomkar, Majid // International Journal of Academic Research;May2011, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p55
It is important how to optimally utilize energy, considering its importance in the recent decade and the expenses spent in its generation, transmission and distribution. Firstly, there are a great number of consumers with almost the similar consumption pattern throughout the distribution...