Central America and the Caribbean
- Central America and the Caribbean. // Transmission & Distribution Markets;2005, Issue 5, p204
The article discusses the status of the electricity supply industry of the countries in Central America and the Caribbean as of January 2005. In Bahamas, the largest electricity and generation supply utility is the Bahamas Electricity Corporation (BEC). Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad...
- COSTA RICA Fonatel to back rural rollout, ICE customers face maintenance disruption. // Latin America Telecom;Oct2012, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p9
The article offers news briefs related to the telecommunication industry in Costa Rica which include a rural expansion program which is likely to be funded by the National Telecommunications Fund in December 2012 and an announcement made by the company ICE regarding outages experienced by the...
- Lucent to supply gear in Costa Rica. // RCR Wireless News;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the statement issued by Lucent Technologies Inc. that Costa Rica's telecommunications provider Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad has contracted it to deploy Lucent's next-generation optical solutions.
- Kolbi launches 4G offerings. // Latin America Telecom;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p9
The article reports on the launch of the fourth generation (4G) Long Term Evolution (LTE) network from Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad (ICE), an electricity and telecommunications services provider run by the Costa Rican government, which offers services under the Kolbi brand.
- Lucent in Costa Rica. Rigual, Luis R. // Latin Trade (English);Mar98, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p64
Reports that Lucent Technologies has won a contract to expand the existing wireless network for the Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad, the Costa Rican national telephone company.
- 4. TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION SECTOR. // Electrical Markets of Mexico;2003, p9
Presents an update on the state of the electricity transmission and distribution sector in Mexico, as of October 2003. Graphical representations of electricity transmission and distribution levels from 1995 to 2000, and forecasts for 2000 to 2010; Prediction on expenditures on transmission and...
- 4. TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION SECTOR. // Electrical Markets of Switzerland;2003, p8
Presents statistical data on the electricity transmission and distribution sector in Switzerland in 2000. Transmission and distribution rates from 1995 to 2000, and forecast for 2000 to 2010; Electricity transmission and distribution line lengths by voltage; Background on the structure of the...
- T&D BRIEFS. // Electric Light & Power;Sep2002, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p28
Presents news briefs related to power transmission and distribution as of September 2002. Deal between RETX and AES NewEnergy to provide load response management; Aggreko Inc.'s launch of portable electrical distribution equipment; Agreement between TXU Energy and Atlantic Energy Partners LLC.
- 11. Central America and the Caribbean. // T&D Report 2004 - World Markets for Transmission & Distribution ;2004, Issue 4, p193
Offers a look at the electric power transmission and distribution network structures in Central America and the Caribbean as of January 2004. Information on power producers in Costa Rica; Overview of the electricity industry in Mexico; Developments in El Salvador's electricity sector.