THROUGH THE WIRE
- ITALY'S STREAM BLAMES SPORTS FOR FLOW OF RED. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;11/15/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 54, p9
Focuses on the financial performance of Telecom Italia and Rupert Murdoch's News Corp television platform Stream in Milan, Italy. Impact of high cost of sports rights on the business; Plan to merge with television operator Telepiu.
- Untangle the Cable Selection Process. Knisley, Joe // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Dec2001, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on the importance of choosing the right datacom cable for network installation in the United States. Demand for communications networks operating at the highest performance levels; Improvement on the selection of the proper copper cabling; Assessment on the need for enhance network...
- Cable's Still Got a Long Way to Go. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p6
Highlights issues and developments relating to the United States cable television industry, recent as of February 2001. War of tactics over a potential Mike Tyson-Lennox Lewis boxing fight; Cartoon Network series 'Time Squad'; 'The Sopranos,' on HBO; Customer complaints against...
- The Cablers. Dempsey, John; Adalian, Josef // Variety;08/16/99, Vol. 375 Issue 13, p23
Presents updates on cable television broadcasting in the United States in August 1999. Plans of USA Networks to create a comedy sitcom; Live airing of the television program `Business Center,' from the New York Stock Exchange; Estimated earnings of Cox Communications from its public offering.
- FREEZE FRAME. // Multichannel News;9/2/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p23
Presents photographs relating to telecommunication industry in the U.S. Recognition of 'Summer In Style' contest of Cox Communications Inc. and Women's Entertainment; Tour of the national Mobile Investigation Unit of the Court TV; Educational forum of NAMIC Denver chapter.
- TCI ramps up programming for its all TV digital service. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;05/19/97, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p4
Reports on Tele-Communications Inc.'s (TCI) carriage cable agreement with Disney and C-SPAN and on its affiliation deal with Cox Communications Inc. Terms of the agreements; Comments from TCI officials; Impact on TCI's television digital service.
- HGTV grows by talking to its viewers. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;07/13/98, Vol. 17 Issue 29, p29
Looks at the efforts of the cable Home and Garden Television (HGTV) to provide information for its viewers. Details of the Web site of HGTV; Number of `hits' the Web site received in the first five months of 1998; Comments from Ken Lowe, founder and chief executive of HGTV; Development of...
- Telepiu hypes interactive. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;05/24/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 58, p6
Reports the launch of an interactive services by pay television operator Telepiu in Milan, Italy.
- Disney Channel quietly tests agency waters. McCarthy, Michael; Buyikian, Teresa // Adweek Western Edition;06/15/98, Vol. 48 Issue 24, p3
Announces a meeting between the Disney Channel and advertising agencies from around the United States to identify shops that might handle creative projects for the cable channel and its Toon Disney network. Other items for discussion during the meeting; Agencies that have worked for Disney in...