PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Fox Won't Be Big Buyer if Cap Is Raised. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/19/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p3
Reports that even if the limits of state-ownership rules of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, News Corp. of the Fox Network Group would not be able to buy more broadcasting stations. Operational strategy of the Fox Network Group; Financial performance and positions of the company;...
- Lifetime ups pair to prexy. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;12/21/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 61, p4
The article reports that Lifetime Entertainment Services has promoted Lynn Picard to president of advertising sales and executive vice president of interactive entertainment, and Louise Henry Bryson to president of distribution and affiliate-business development in the U.S. The posts are newly...
- Lifetime Television. Chunovic, Louis; Donovan, Sharon // Broadcasting & Cable;6/21/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 25, p6A
Features Lifetime Television, one of the recipients of the 2004 Brand Builder Awards. Goal of the network, according to Rick Haskins, EVP and general manager; Range of issues tackled by the network; Awards received by the network.
- BROADCAST & IT: converge at Lifetime. Sgro, Pete; Jarvis, Don // Broadcast Engineering;May2006, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p44
The article features the Lifetime Television's new 50,000 square-feet technical operations center in New York City. The center provides 14 feet ceilings, support floor loads of 200 pounds per square feet, and vast electric power. Its digital media infrastructure and applications at the center of...
- NEWS Briefs. // Television Week;12/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 49, p4
Presents news briefs on the U.S. television broadcasting industry as of December 8, 2003. Information on the Business and Financial Reporting Emmy awards given by the National Television Academy; Decision of Cox Communications to carry the National Geographic Channel, which is distributed by...
- Charter Adds Fox Sports Carriage. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;03/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p2
Reports on the renewal of Charter Communications Inc.'s distribution deal with Fox Cable Networks Group for Fox Sports Net Midwest. Charter's sports programming lineup; Terms of the distribution deal.
- Mediacom-Fox Deal Boosts Nat Geo. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p26
Reports the deal between Mediacom Communications Corp. and the Fox Cable Networks Group in the U.S. Impact of the negotiations on the digital transmission of the National Geographic Channel; Provisions of the agreement; Reason of Mediacom for seeking deals.
- FATES & FORTUNES. // Broadcasting & Cable;2/9/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 6, p38
Provides information on the appointment and promotion of executives in the U.S. broadcasting industry as of February 204. Michael C. McCarthy at Telemundo; Amy Smeloff at Nielsen Media; Janice Arouh at Fox Cable Networks.
- Tapping Into Women's Market Power. Richman, Debbie // Broadcasting & Cable;11/3/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 43, p26
The article offers information on the forum initiated by Lifetime Networks entitled "Every Woman Counts: Marketing to Women," which tackles new perspectives on how to deal with women in today's changing marketplace. Participants of the forum consists of three distinct generations. Insights and...