Streaming Deal Could Aid Cable
- Real Deal. Bruno, Antony // Billboard;10/22/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 43, p14
Reports on the settlement of the antitrust lawsuit filed by RealNetworks against Microsoft. The lawsuit was settled for $761 million. The deal between the two companies is designed to help both parties better compete against rivals Apple Computer and Yahoo in the battle for digital music...
- New Mexico settles with Microsoft. Andrews, Bruce; Heathcote, Andrew; Roberts, Craig // BRW;1/29/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the decision of the New Mexico government to settle its anti-trust charges against software manufacturer Microsoft Corp.
- MICROSOFT AGREEMENTS TO SETTLE CASE STYMIED BY SOME STATES. // Online Newsletter;Dec2001, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p3
Reports the settlement of the Microsoft anti-trust case by the United States Justice Department. Purpose of the settlement; Impact of the case on Microsoft's Windows program; Opposition of some states on the proposed settlement.
- Cloning Bill? (Gates not Clinton). McIntyre, Andrew; Nahan, Mike // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Mar99, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the likely actions that the United States government will take against Microsoft Corp., if the company is found in serious violation of antitrust law.
- Crib Sheet. // Music Week;10/22/2005, Issue 44, p21
Presents a question and answer advisory concerning the partnership of Microsoft Corp. and RealNetworks Inc. following a settlement of an anti-trust case involving both companies. Implication of the partnership on the music industry and music consumers; Terms of the deal.
- Commentary: Will Real's Helix Eclipse Microsoft's Corona. Boeri, Robert J. // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the competition between streaming media player providers including Microsoft Corp. and RealNetworks. Background of the two companies; Overview of the antitrust case filed by RealNetworks against Microsoft; Key features of the Helix media player from RealNetworks.
- The circular logic of the Microsoft trial. Hegarty, Liam // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/08/99, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p4
Comments on the antitrust lawsuit filed against Microsoft Corp. in the United States. Effect of the trial's outcome on the software industry; Efforts of Microsoft engineers to develop a seamless operating system.
- BETWEEN LOGIC AND EXPERIENCE: ERROR COSTS AND UNITED STATES V. MICROSOFT CORP. McGowan, David // Berkeley Technology Law Journal;Spring2005, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p1185
Discusses the case, United States v. Microsoft Corp. and its role in how antitrust doctrine should deal with the risk of mistakes and the consequent problem of error costs. Market correction approach; History of applying antitrust analysis to computer and computer software markets; Court of...
- Breaking Up Microsoft Is No Remedy at All. Levy, Robert A. // Business Journal (Central New York);03/10/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p30
Comments on the lawsuit filed against computer software giant Microsoft Corp. for allegedly violating the antitrust law. Proposed restructuring of the company into separate applications companies; Proposed remedy by the Progress and Freedom Foundation.