Cities' Franchising Power Short-Circuited?
- How Will the Federal Elections Affect Franchising? Gay, John // Franchising World;Jan2005, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p58
Analyzes the impact of the November 2004 federal election on the franchising sector in the U.S. Changes in the Congress' committee chairmanships of particular importance to franchising; Franchising regulation issues to be addressed in the 109th Congress; Advances in legal reform in selected states.
- The Federal Trade Commission Trade Regulation Rule on Franchises and Business Opportunity Ventures. Tifford, John M. // Business Lawyer;Apr81, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p1051
Examines the trade regulation rule on franchises and business opportunity ventures in the United States. Provision of a presale disclosure document to prospective franchisees by franchisors; Existence of unfair practices of sale of franchises and business opportunities; Reliance of the...
- JAMAICA: Jamaica poised to bolster sector with new legislation. // Latin America Telecom;May2012, p12
The article reports that Jamaica's lower house has passed amendments to the nation's telecommunication regulation that will give the Office of Utilities Regulation (OUR) greater powers to regulate the industry in Jamaica.
- The Telecom Lawyer's Relief Act: What A Mess! Valovic, Tom // Telecommunications - International Edition;May98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p10
Comments on the pros and cons of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 in the United States. Misguided attempt to produce a deregulated telecommunications industry; Situations created by the law that are far worse than the original condition; Complexities of telecommunication reform.
- Erratum. // International Journal of Franchising Law;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
A correction to the table of contents of Issue 3, Volume 11 of the "International Journal of Franchising Law" is presented.
- Franchise Appreciation Day Gains Popularity. Jacobson, Karen // Franchising World;Sep2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p35
Features the celebration of the Franchise Appreciation Day by International Franchise Association (IFA) members in Washington, D.C. in September 2002. Important factor to the goal of IFA to preserve and enhance the legislative and regulatory climate for the growth of franchising worldwide;...
- GROWTH INDUSTRY. Aylmer, Sean // BRW;2/25/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p8
The author reflects on the issue of franchising in Australia. He underlines that the sector is a growth industry with too few rules that will govern franchisors and franchisers and will protect franchisers from bad franchisors. He emphasizes that this industry needs an enforceable code of...
- Australia's Evolving Franchising Laws: Help or Hindrance? Ward, Penny // Franchising World;Jul2007, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p68
The author comments on Australia's evolving franchising laws. She says that Australia has traditionally been an attractive market for international franchise systems, especially from the U.S. due to reasons that include a similar language and culture, a growing economy and a business community...
- Verizon Likes Revision. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p42
The article reports on the proposed franchising bill at the New Jersey Senate which would limit telecommunication buildout demands on Verizon Communications Inc. to the 60 largest cities in New Jersey. The bill which was proposed by Senator Joseph Doria specifies buildout throughout the state in...