ABC Family Scares Up a Goodie Bag
- Family Channel Films takes on `Gang'. // Variety;3/11/96, Vol. 362 Issue 6, p16
Reports on the Family Channel Films' decision to pick up Craig Titley's horror spec script `The Hollow Gang,' for $275,000 against $475,000.
- No room for Ma, Pa, in Family. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;9/30/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 40, p6
Reports on the business reorganization of the American Broadcasting Company Family in the U.S. Target for viewers most attractive to advertisers; Launch of original reality shows; Amount of programming budget intended by Walt Disney Co. for the channels' overhaul.
- TOP OF THE WEEK. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/30/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 40, p6
Reports on the business reorganization of the American Broadcasting Company Family in the U.S. Emphasis on viewers most attractive to advertisers; Launch of original reality shows to increase brand image; Plans of Walt Disney Co. to sell the channel to cable operators.
- It simply doesn't get more real than this. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/25/2002, Vol. 374 Issue 2, p15
Comments on the commitment of the cabler ABC Family to reality programming. Approval of 'The Last Resort,' a weeklong miniseries chronicling four couples on the verge of separation; Show developed by reality veteran Bruce Nash for the cabler; Fictional titles predicted by the author to be...
- Sign of Success. // Indianapolis Monthly;Jan2012, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p32
The article reports that Sean Berdy, a sophomore from, Indiana School for the Deaf, has answered the calling from ABC Family Worldwide Inc. for a young and deaf James Dean in the television program "Switched at Birth."
- PREXY ORDERS FIRST PILOTS. SCHNEIDER, MICHAEL // Daily Variety;9/29/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 61, p4
The article offers information on the first pilot episodes of ABC Family Worldwide Inc.'s television programs in Great Britain including "Nine Lives," "Switched at Birth" and "the Lying Game."
- Femmes fuel net. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;12/30/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 60, p3
The article offers information on the increased ratings of ABC Family Worldwide Inc.'s most-watched scripted cable series by adult women such as "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" and "Pretty Little Liars" in the U.S.
- Behar views 'Love' for ABC sib. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;7/9/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 25, p14
Focuses on the theme of the television program 'Love, Hate & Joy' of ABC Family in Los Angeles, California. Selection of Joy Behar to host the program; Guests for each segment.
- 'Alice' heads to ABC Family. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;3/8/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 45, p5
The article reports that ABC Family Worldwide Inc. has picked up the network rights to box office hit film "Alice in Wonderland."