TV Land Expands Original Idea
- Disney Film Casts Ratings Spell. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p26
Reports on the premiere of the television film "Twitches" aired on prime time on Disney Channel in the U.S. Average viewers of the film from October 10 to 16, 2005; Household viewership rating generated by the film; Factors that contribute to the success of Disney Channel.
- 'Sho' biz for 'The Reagans' Martin, Denise // Variety;12/8/2003, Vol. 393 Issue 4, p29
This article deals with the failure of the telepic "The Reagans" to obtain high viewer ratings on Showtime Networks in December 2003, in spite of controversy surrounding it. Despite media attention and a range of publicity efforts, audience reaction was decidedly uncontroversial, and the number...
- I Was a Teenage Faust (TV Program). Kelleher, Terry // People;12/16/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 25, p38
Reviews the family-oriented television movie 'Teenage Faust,' written and directed by Thom Eberhardt to air on Showtime.
- CONGLOM HITS REFRESH. Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;9/10/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on the cable television company Arts & Entertainment Network (A + E Networks). The casting of actress Lindsay Lohan as the late actress Elizabeth Taylor in "Liz & Dick," a made-for-TV movie scheduled to be broadcast by the Lifetime cable television network is cited as an...
- BASIC CABLE BREAKOUTS? // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/13/2008, p45
The article presents information on various films and television dramas that are being launched on several cable television networks. The film "Camp Rock," on the Disney Channel stars the music group the Jonas Brother, and the film "The American Mall," on MTV centers on an aspiring...
- LIFETIME NETWORKS. // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, pC38
The article, part of a special advertising section focuses on the cable television company Lifetime Networks. Strong ratings for several programs broadcast by the company's three cable television networks are considered, particularly the ratings for the reality television program "Project...
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- TNT Floats New Deal Points. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the condition of programs of Turner Network Television under the rate-card agreement of the company to cable operators. Programs subjected to blackout; Number of regular-season games to be aired; Acquisition of first-run television rights of the movie 'Lord of the Rings.'