- CEOs not always as multiplatform as the content of the companies they run. Szalai, George // Hollywood Reporter;4/1/2009, Vol. 409 Issue 11, p20
The article presents the author's comments on the job hopping of media and entertainment executives which has led to disappointment and failure. According to the author, while content can flow easily across film, TV, computer and mobile screens, executive skills and success don't transfer as...
- NEWSMAKERS. // Television Week;3/22/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p29
Talks about employee promotion in the media industry. List of promoted executives from the broadcasting sector; Executives from the journalism sector who had been accounted for higher positions.
- Siegel adds TBS, Turner South jobs. Moss // Multichannel News;09/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p10
Reports on Brad Siegel's appointment as president of general-entertainment networks for Turner Broadcasting System Inc. Career background; Other executives included in the management reorganization.
- MY SIDE OF THE PICTURE. Bird, Kathryn; Berruer, Catherine; Hasluck, Melissa; Rodriga, Melanie; Cocks, Jon; Karena, Cynthia; Wellington, Jo; Young, Shannon // Metro;Summer2003, Issue 135, p226
Presents information about various professionals from films, radio and television. Details of a documentary film written by Christine Paul; Visual ideas of designers at the Australian Center for the Moving Image; Success story of motion picture director Amanda Brotchie.
- Adages. Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;4/26/2004, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p102
Provides information on various issues surrounding the mass media and entertainment sector in the U.S. as of April 26, 2004. Expectations from the satellite TV industry's Skyforum conference in New York; Undertakings of industry executive Brad Siegel in the field of music; Remarks from Siegel...
- QUICK TAKES. Worrell, Naomi // Television Week;4/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p9
Presents the views of two executives on watching commercials on broadcast television. Susie Romano of Fine Living TV; Brad Siegel of Gospel Music Channel.
- B.C.'s FIGHT BACK. Cariou, Kimball // Canadian Dimension;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the political conflicts in British Columbia. Number of people drawn by the anti-Liberal Party rally; Disagreements of lawyers, doctors and school trustees with the government; Support of media on the party.
- It's the young bloods who will drive media. Barrett, Steve // Media Week;7/15/2008, Issue 1169, p22
The author discusses the need for the commercial media industry to market itself and attract as many of the best individuals from each generation into the business. He asserts that with each generation comes a different culture and view of the way things are done, and that new breeds of media...
- What Nurses Do. Yoder-Wise, Patricia S. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Aug2009, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p339
The author reflects on nurses and the nursing profession in mass media. She is critical of the way that nurses and the nursing profession are portrayed in the media. She discusses news coverage of Dr. Elaine L. Larson who is a registered nurse and a professor at Columbia University's School of...