Give Your Customers a Carrot
- U.S. to lead fixed-wireless convergence. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;7/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p11
Reports on the position of the U.S. in fixed-mobile convergence (FMC). Percentage of voice telephony consumers who will use an FMC product by 2010; Remarks from David Kerr, vice president of the Global Wireless Practice of Strategy Analytics, on the movement of North America to cellular-based...
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;2/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p2
Presents an update on the cable industry in the U.S., as of February 9, 2006. Schedule of the launching of TNT High Definition on DirecTV network; Offering of DirecTV for its customers from February 17 to 19; Addition of Bradenton, Florida, to the franchises of Verizon Communications Inc.;...
- Gay Net Role Models: Oxygen, 'Will & Grace' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;07/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 28, p34
Focuses on the goal of C1TV to become a national cable network for gay audiences in the United States. Cable network's use of Oxygen Media as a model for its plans to serve its target audience; Integration of a cable entertainment network and a Web site; Acquisition of the U.S. rights to racy...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- Curtain rises for Ovation. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p52
Focuses on `Ovation,' an arts cable network that was launched on April 21, 1996. Projection on subscribers by mid-1999; Statistics on subscribers that the network was launched with; Network's financing; Ovation's programming schedule.
- Look & learn as home, lifestyle channels show the way. Menichini, Mike // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p22
Focuses on cable television networks that offer lifestyle improvement programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. HGTV; Food Network; Discovery Home and Leisure; Style; Do It Yourself.
- New channels, shows target growing market. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p23
Features cable television networks that offer Hispanic programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Video Rola; HBO Latino; Galavision; GEMS Television; IMas! Arizona; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.
- Wellness nets showing strong vital signs. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;10/30/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 44, p25
Features cable television networks that offer health programming in the United States as of October 30, 2000. Discovery Health; WebMD TV; Launch dates; Number of subscribers.
- Untitled. // Education Week;9/29/93, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p29
Reports on the development by Booknet of a cable-television channel devoted solely to books. Programming; Functions of an independent editorial board for the channel; Contact information.