OLN Still Filling NHL Roster
- TO KNOW LIST 7: The NHL's new TV deal . . . well, it could be a lot worse. O'Malley, Rich // Sporting News;9/23/2005, Vol. 229 Issue 38, p5
This article reports that the National Hockey League has contracted the Outdoor Life Network cable television channel for future sports tournaments. The network will broadcast 58 regular-season games, starting from October 5, 2005, plus the All-Star Game and playoff matchups, including the first...
- OLN Skates Toward Success With NHL. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p14
Reports on the programming issues regarding OLN's telecast of National Hockey League (NHL) games in the U.S. as of October 2005. Household rating of the first telecast of the games; Move of the company to forbid several distributors from carrying its NHL package; Financial incentive from NHL...
- Nick gas scores pact with NHL programming. Bernstein, Paula // Daily Variety;01/12/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 27, p5
Reports that Nickelodeon's digital network Games and Sports for Kids (GAS) has formed a programming development partnership with the National Hockey League (NHL). Access by GAS to NHL game footage and events; Development of original programming based on NHL outreach programs.
- Dish Adds FIFA Net From Univision. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/14/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p20
The article reports on the launch of Dish Network Corp.'s sports television channel Univision FIFA World Cup Channel, which caters to the network's Hispanic viewers.
- Yankee fans copping coin. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/24/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 39, p1
Reports the availability of rebates to subscribers of Cablevision with no broadcasting access to the baseball games of the New York Yankees in the U.S. Impact of the feud between Cablevision and YES Network; Amount of the total rebate; Lawsuit filed by fans against Cablevision and the baseball...
- THIS I GOTTA SEE. Greenberg, Steve // Sporting News;6/9/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 23, p6
The article presents a calendar of events related to sports in the month of June. On June 3, football fans can relive the good times with more than five hours of the NFL's Greatest Games on ESPN Classic, which starts at 2:30 p.m. On June 4, "Legends of Hockey: "Lord Stanley's Legacy," will be...
- OLN scores NHL TV on lockout rebound. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/14/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the agreement of Outdoor Life Network to broadcast weeknight games of the National Hockey League in the U.S. and to play a role in reviving the league's image after being the first major professional sport to lose an entire season due to labor negotiations. The opening...
- FSW2 holds Mighty Ducks in 2nd round. // MediaWeek;3/3/97, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p3
Reports that Fox Sports West 2 will continue to carry Mighty Ducks NHL hockey games, according to an Orange County, California Superior Court judge ruling. Lawsuits and countersuits between Fox and Walt Disney Co., owner of the Mighty Ducks franchise.
- Ducks sitting with Fox Sports West 2 (for now). // MediaWeek;02/17/97, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p3
Reports that Fox Sports West 2, the regional sports network owned by News Corp. and Liberty Media has won against a legal battle with the Anaheim Mighty Ducks owned by the Walt Disney Co. over broadcasting rights.