THIS JUST IN
- Senate Panel Sets Analog Sunset for '09. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the introduction of a bill that would shut off free over-the-air analog television in the U.S. by April 7, 2009 sponsored by Senate Commerce Committee chairman Ted Stevens and member Daniel Inouye. Economic impact of the bill; Financial grants provided to subsidize the transition to...
- Online Video Viewership Explodes. Hardesty, Linda // Communications Technology;Feb2009, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p11
The article offers information on the increasing number of online video viewers. Comcast Interactive Media announced that cable viewers are watching more online video than video on demand (VOD). It is mentioned that viewers watch almost six hours of online video per week, compared to almost...
- Comcast Pitches VOD's Advantages. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;4/24/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p4
This article reports on the upfront presentation of Comcast which was devoted exclusively to promote video-on-demand (VOD) technology as of April 2006. The event served as a calming agent for clients who are concerned about the uncertainties of the U.S. media market. Steve Burke, COO of Comcast,...
- A Channel for All Sports Seasons. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;2/7/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p26
Presents updates on the U.S. sports cable television network NFL Network as of February 7, 2005. List of the companies which NFL Network has distribution deals with; Information on its video-on-demand service during the regular season; Company plans for 2006.
- INDUSTRY STOCKS. // Multichannel News;9/22/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p34
Provides information on stocks of selected cable television networks and other mass media companies in the U.S. as of September 22, 2003. Share of stocks for Harmonic Inc.; Summary of gainer and losers in stock trading; Rating given by Standard & Poor's to Comcast Corp.
- The Fight Over Neutrality. Shields, Todd // MediaWeek;5/8/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p8
The article reports on the congressional debate on the telecommunications bill in the U.S. Senate that was put forward by U.S. Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) and the struggle of the U.S. House toward a vote on companion legislation as of May 8, 2006. U.S. Senator Daniel Inouye (D-Hawaii) said...
- NFL Bolsters Its Network. Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;5/1/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 18, p38
Reports on the efforts of NFL Network to boost its distribution by adding reruns of weekend football games and acquiring Senior Bowl college football in the U.S. in 2006. Reason of NFL for rejecting offers from Comcast and other television broadcasting companies; Views of NFL Network president...
- Challenges Await NFL Net, OLN. Reynodls, Mike // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p8
Explains that the move of the National Football League (NFL) to award its late-season, eight-game primetime package to NFL Network from Comcast Corp.'s OLN will face some challenges. Implications of the move of NFL; Reaction of the sports community to the move of NFL; Discussion on the...
- Comcast Free On Demand Programming. // Multichannel News;12/20/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 51, p22
Lists the free on-demand video television programming offered by cable operator Comcast Corp. for December 2004.