- UNDERSTANDING THE BLOOD DONOR PROBLEM: A DISCRIMINANT ANALYSIS OF ACTIVE, DORMANT, AND NON-DONORS. Smead, Raymond J.; Burnett, John J. // Advances in Consumer Research;1980, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p622
The recruitment of people to donate blood has remained a serious problem. It is suggested that a weak methodological tradition may be a part of the reason why past research recommendations have proved unsuccessful. This study attempts to deal with these research weaknesses by examining three...
- minipool. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1474
A definition of the medical term "minipool," which refers to a small sample of blood or blood products derived from a large group of blood donors, is presented.
- Blood drive to be held here Tuesday. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);11/27/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p1
The article reports that the Coffee Memorial Blood Center will hold a Clarendon Community Blood Drive at the Clarendon College Bairfield Activity Center in Texas on December 2, 2014.
- La Vernia NHS blood drive, Feb.21. // Wilson County News;2/14/2014, p3B
The article offers information on a blood drive hosted by the La Vernia High School National Honor Society to be held in the La Vernia High School parking lot in La Vernia, Texas on February 21, 2014.
- Blood drive draws huge numbers of donors. ROWE, DANIEL J. // Eastern Door;10/31/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p13
The article discusses the 14th Annual Blood Donor Clinic of the newspaper that serves the Mohawks of Kahnawake at the Knights of Columbus in Quebec in October 2014.
- America's Increasingly Low Iron Levels Could Be Improved With Beef. Radke, Amanda // Beef Expert Blog;3/31/2013, p3
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of donating blood.
- The percentage of Americans who donate blood annually. // Parenting Early Years;Jun2010, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p24
The article urges Americans to donate blood to address blood shortages in the country.
- The Healthy Way to Donate Blood. McGrath, Cheryl; Horn, Clare; Althoff, Susanne; Nachatelo, Melissa // Natural Health;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p22
Offers tips to keep one's energy level high prior to, during and after donating blood. Dietary recommendations prior to giving blood; Ways for calming oneself while donating blood; Relaxation techniques following the procedure.
- Stopping AIDS: c. Prevention: AIDS and the Communities. Osborn, June E. // AIDS Reader (Branden Publishing);1988, p194
The article presents a reprint of the article "AIDS and the Communities," by June E. Osborn, which appeared in the November 19, 1987 issue of Congressional Record. Much of the political dialogue about AIDS has little to do with the realities of the epidemic, its control and its containment....