Control Specifications: Avoiding Common Pitfalls
- AC drives stay vital for the 21st Century. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Oct2004, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the evolution of variable-frequency drives. Control types and connectivity; Physical size and weight; Changes in transistors used.
- Question of the Month answer. // Process & Control Engineering (PACE);Jul2005, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p55
Presents the question and answer advisory about the scale factor. Manipulation of the factor by which the number of scale divisions indicated by an instrument to compute the value of the measured variable; Assessment of the constant multiplier that converts an instrument reading in scale...
- Single-source solutions. McKew, Howard // Engineered Systems;Jul2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p24
Discusses the applications of building automation systems as a reactive management tool. Observations when reviewing the existing installation of building automation systems; Cost-effective methods of facility management; Suggestions on how to make building automation systems a proactive tool...
- Audioarts R55E. Wygal, Chris // Radio Magazine;Feb2006, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p42
Provides information on the Audioarts R55E control console. Features of the console; Performance of the product; Advantage of the R55E 12-module chassis.
- Stabilization of program motion and kinematic trajectories in dynamic systems in case of systems of direct and indirect control. Zubov, A. // Automation & Remote Control;Mar2007, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p386
In this paper, analysis methods for self-vibrating processes in automatic control systems are represented. A qualitative analysis of the behavior of transient processes in automatic control systems is conducted. Accuracy of control system functioning is estimated. Problems of noise immunity of...
- Valuing uncertainty. Cravotta, Robert // EDN;1/5/2006, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p38
This article focuses on the author's experience together with fellow technical staff in testing and characterizing an automatic gain control and target acquisition algorithms operated with a visible light camera sensor to be deployed in low Earth orbit satellite. The dynamic adjustment of the...
- Rautaruukki adds production without interruption. // Control Engineering;Feb2006, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the installation and implementation of Honeywell automation systems by Rautaruukki's Raahe Steel Works. Schedule of the implementation of the system; Reason for installing an Experion process-knowledge system; Features of the system; Background on the company.
- Test-Driven Development of a PID Controller. Dohmke, Thomas; Gollee, Hanrik // IEEE Software;May/Jun2007, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p44
The article discusses the application of test-driven development (TDD) process in the development of proportional-integral-derivative (PID) controllers. Various techniques for developing PID controllers involve solving an optimization problem or simple trial-and-error methods. Graphical...
- THE FREQUENCY METHOD OF ANALYSIS OF STABILITY OF THE MULTIDIMENSIONAL AUTOMATIC CONTROL SYSTEM. KRAMAR, Vadim // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2009, p769
The method of construction of the mathematical structured model of the multidimensional automatic control system is examined in the article. The approach to construction of characteristic polynomial of the multidimensional system is expounded. The frequency method of analysis of stability of the...