It Isn't Rocket Science
- Replacing An Entire Condensing Unit. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/5/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the cost-effectiveness of replacing the condensing unit of an airconditioning or refrigerating system. Options offered by Emerson Climate Technologies.
- Keeping A Close Eye On Refrigerants And Oils. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/5/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the importance of refrigerants and oils in air conditioning systems. Technology from Zero Zone; Maximizer oil system.
- Compressor Capacity and You. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;1/8/2007, Vol. 230 Issue 2, p14
The article discusses the factors that affect compressor capacity. One of the factors is the density of refrigerant to the compressor. The density of the refrigerant depends on its temperature and pressure. Another one is the mass flow rate of refrigerant through the compressor depends on the...
- Adcock reaches new heights in Hampshire. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Feb2016, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the air conditioning and refrigeration company Adcock Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Ltd. has secured a new service and maintenance contract for the air conditioning and refrigeration systems of the Emirates Spinnaker Tower in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
- REFRIGERANT OIL ADDITIVE DELIVERS COOL SAVINGS. Frisch, Katherine K. // Government Product News;Aug2004, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p46
Evaluates the Proaid refrigerant oil additive from Birmingham, Alabama-based Ensav Inc. Problems caused by insulative lubricant build-up in air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment; Importance of the polarized refrigerant oil additive component in Proaid; Advantages of Proaid.
- Sealers: Friend or Foe. Appler, Paul // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;10/5/2009, Vol. 238 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on the significance of sealants in preventing leaks in air conditioning/refrigeration systems across the globe. It notes that properly applied vacuum-packed heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) sealants that meet the purity standards of...
- What Owners Need to Know About... School Summer HVAC Maintenance. D'ANTONIO, PETER // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2014, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p26
The article discusses the steps that U.S. school administrators need to know about summer heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) preventive maintenance. It is stated that effective HVAC operation is only realized through a comprehensive facility-maintenance program. The author discusses...
- Systematic Troubleshooting. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/7/2008, Vol. 234 Issue 10, p15
The article discusses issues related to the systematic repair of air conditioning equipment. It examines the causes of liquid line restriction and its effect to the evaporator of a refrigerant. It likewise considered the implications of undercharging and overcharging in air conditioning systems....
- DIGITAL CONTROL IC ENABLES EFFICIENT POWER-FACTOR CORRECTION IN AIR-CONDITIONING SYSTEMS. Murray, Aengus // EDN Europe;Aug2006, Vol. 51 Issue 8, pXVI
The article provides information about the development of power-factor-correction circuits for the cooling capacity of air conditioning system. An advance topology is being utilized by power-factor converter to allow the cooling system to meet emission standards. Several diagrams depicting a...