Pneumatic Controls and Commissioning: Analog Lessons for a Digital World
- War Story: Don't Just Do Something, Stand There. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2005, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p42
Presents a firsthand account of resolving problems with the pneumatic control of a building's heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Components of the pneumatic system; Source of the problems; Characteristics of the error associated with a proportional-control system.
- GETTING THE MOLD OUT. Odle, R. Duane; Bieghler, Kelley // American School & University;Apr2001, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p42
Discusses the upgrading of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems of school buildings. Tips on selecting an engineering firm to upgrade the HVAC systems; Advantages of the four-pipe primary air system over a variable air volume system; Considerations in selecting an HVAC...
- DDC Gain Without the Pain. Wilkinson, Ron; Roberts, David K. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Oct2012, Vol. 84 Issue 10, p34
The article focuses on the benefits of upgrading from traditional pneumatic control systems to direct digital controls (DDC) retrofits. It notes that the use of noninvasive analog-to-digital heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system, upgrade proceeds without disruption and needless...
- the NEWS PODCASTS. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/24/2014, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p26
The article presents questions and answers related to air conditioning, heating and refrigeration industry such as the purpose of an electronic expansion valves (EXVs) and the things to consider when choosing an EXV.
- Renewable Energy HQ Receives Makeover. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/25/2012, Vol. 246 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses the improvements made at the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system of Platte River Power Authority in Collins, Colorado. It states that the company decided to tighten the thermal envelope of its building. It says that Haynes Mechanical Systems and...
- Advanced automation strategies require digital control. Boed, Viktor // Energy User News;Dec96, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p32
Presents a guide to the application of a direct digital controller (DDC) to heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system engineering and facilities engineering. Control logic, alarm reporting, operator advisories, and networking through DDC systems; Pump and steal valve control; Optimum...
- What's new. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Nov2010, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p40
The article evaluates several products for the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) industry, including Hydroflow limescale conditioning technology by Hydropath, Terrain Fuze piping system by Polypipe Terrain and BOSS Copperad range of fan convector.
- High-Efficiency Units Recognized. Preville, Cherie // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/16/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 11, p10
The article presents information related to the products which have won three awards presented by the periodical "The NEWS" in the heating & ventilation industry (HVAC) High Efficiency Residential Equipment category of the fourth annual Dealer Design Awards in 2007. One of the products is the iQ...
- HVAC. // Buildings;Mar2009, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p58
The article features several heating and ventilation systems for buildings including APR-410 Control by Rawal Devices Inc., Precision Comfort Control (PCC) air-conditioner from Dectron Intl. and UnderFloorSoxâ„¢ is an air-dispersion system from DuctSox.