Right-Sizing Laboratory HVAC Systems
- How to Determine Cooling Requirements. Auffant, Fabio; Bishop, Terri // R&D Magazine;Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p43
Discusses how to calculate the heat removal requirements of a laboratory process in order to select a recirculating chiller. Data needed for the calculation of heat removal requirements based on flow rate; Calculation of heat removal requirements.
- Heating/Cooling Update. // Laboratory Equipment;Apr2000, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p32
Features various heating and cooling laboratory equipment. Walk-in ovens for metals, ceramics and aerospace materials from Despatch Industries; Rotary reactor furnaces with fluted work tubes from Carbolite Inc.; Amplification tabletop cooler from Nalge Nunc International Corp.
- Julabo USA, Inc. // Laboratory Equipment;Nov2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p38
Presents the history and several laboratory equipment from Julabo USA Inc. Increase of share of the European market with latest innovation in 1970; Heating power of the Bench-Top Refrigerated and Heating Circulator F25-MD; Temperature range of the Refrigerated or Heating Circulator.
- Refinement of a thermal threshold probe to prevent burns. Dixon, M. J.; Taylor, P. M.; Slingsby, L. C.; Murrell, J. C. // Laboratory Animals;Feb2016, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p54
Thermal threshold testing is commonly used for pain research. The stimulus may cause burning and merits prevention. Thermal probe modifications hypothesized to reduce burning were evaluated for practicality and effect. Studies were conducted on two humans and eight cats. Unmodified probe 0 was...
- Offer More With Portable A/C, Heating. Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/11/2005, Vol. 225 Issue 11, p16
Focuses on the benefits of offering portable air conditioning and heating equipment for contractors. Consideration of the new trend as a marketing opportunity; Prevalence of the use of portable air conditioners and heaters for both temporary and permanent installations; Techniques used by...
- The Case of the Baby Boomers' Heat Pump. Checket-Hanks, B. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/22/2006, Vol. 228 Issue 4, p14
This article focuses on the air conditioning (AC) system bought by the resident of Missouri, Kelly and Marcus and the problems which occurred later on in the AC. The new unit, which they bought was charged, installed and operating quicker than they would have imagined. As the outdoor...
- Multicriteria Aided Design of Integrated Heating-Cooling Energy Systems in Buildings. Mróz, Tomasz M. // Journal of the Air & Waste Management Association (Air & Waste M;Aug2010, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p949
This paper presents an analysis of the possible application of integrated heating-cooling systems in buildings. The general algorithm of integrated heating-cooling system design aid was formulated. The evaluation criteria of technically acceptable variants were defined. Fossil fuel energy...
- The Influence of Knitting Structure on Heating and Cooling Dynamic. MIKUČIONIENĖ, Daiva; MILAŠIENĖ, Daiva // Materials Science / Medziagotyra;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p174
The comfort provided by clothing depends on several factors, one of them being thermal comfort. Human thermal comfort depends on a combination of clothing, climate, and physical activity. It is known, the fibre type, yarn properties, fabric structure, finishing are the main factors affecting...
- County Steams Downtown. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/19/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 52, pB2
The article focuses on the steam-generated heating and cooling service provided by the Kent County Department of Public Works in Michigan. Alticor Inc. and several other downtown building owners have signed up for the service. Oil- and gas-fired boilers replaced the old water boilers being used...