- Fragmented market makes Phoenix harder to consolidate. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;04/26/99, Vol. 206 Issue 17, p3
Features the Blue Dot Services, a residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) company in Phoenix, Arizona. Rationale for choosing ECI Air Conditioning & Heating as its consolidator in the HVAC industry; Characteristics of Phoenix's HVAC market.
- The Votes Are In... Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/19/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the results of the 2004 Dealer Design Awards for the U.S. heating and ventilation industry. Theme of the awards; Entries; Judges; Focuses on design features that assisted in installation, maintenance, and service, as well as quality and performance.
- Commercial Product Winners Offer Contractors Simpler Installations. Skaer, Mark // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/19/2004, Vol. 222 Issue 12, p17
Highlights the winners of the 2004 Dealer Design Awards for the U.S. heating and ventilation industry, in the commercial products category. Rooftop unit and dehumidifier system from Lennox; Benchmark 2.0 boiler from Aerco; Mr. Slim split air conditioner or heat pump unit from Mistubishi Electric...
- Heat Rejection for Critical Facilities. Crumpton, Greg // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;5/11/2009, Vol. 237 Issue 2, p37
The article discusses the rejection of heat for critical facilities considering balancing availability and operating costs in the U.S. People in the heating and ventilation industry were called to install a coupe of computer room air conditioning (CRAC) units against the wall of data center. It...
- Atlas sighed, then died. Craig, H. Kent // Contractor Magazine;Jan2007, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p38
The author describes lessons learned from his experience in a heating ventilation and air conditioning partnership called Atlas Heating & Air. The author's estimator skills and not having the ability to do what company owners do to survive are discussed. Among the lessons learned by the author...
- Heating and cooling systems. // Engineered Systems;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p87
The article evaluates a catalog featuring the Mr. Slim split-ductless heating and cooling systems from the Advanced Products Division of Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- Air and coil products. // Engineered Systems;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p88
The article evaluates a booklet featuring the company's air coil products from Mainstream, including its custom AHUs and components and heating and cooling coils.
- Plenum Fans in HVAC Equipment: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. Osborn, Kim G. // ASHRAE Transactions;2004, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p616
This paper provides an overview of the benefits of plenum fans and a detailed discussion of some of the pitfalls. After covering some of the benefits leading to extensive use of plenum fans, included is a brief discussion of the major complaint expressed about plenum fans, which is that plenum...
- Some Builders Opting For Better Furnaces. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration News;11/21/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 12, p20
The article presents information about the upgrading of the heating or cooling systems by some homebuilders in the U. S. With energy prices soaring, consumers want higher-efficiency heating and cooling equipments. Toby Monger, a homeowner who has worked with the builder before has accommodated a...