State of the Industry's Health
- Manufacturing Missionary. Brooke, Lindsay // Automotive Industries;Nov2000, Vol. 180 Issue 11, p28
Highlights the mission of Ron Harbour, president of Harbour and Associates and his team to improve automobile plants of several automobile companies. Visit of the team to the General Motors Corp. assembly plant in Ohio; Advantages of the manufacturing process at Honda and Toyota; Questions...
- Forty-five miles of plants. Harbour, Jim // Automotive Industries;Feb96, Vol. 176 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the plan of Harbour & Associates to visit manufacturing plants belonging to North American automotive manufacturers in 1996. Purpose of the visit; Improvement in the quality, productivity, cost and throughput of the plants; Differences in various assembly plants.
- Adversity Brings Out the Best. Harbour, Ron // Automotive Industries;Jun2001, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p14
Comments on the results of the study conducted by Harbour and Associates on the productivity of the North American automotive industry. Factors that drive manufacturers to improve their performance; Highlights of the study .
- Making progress. // Industry Week/IW;7/16/2001, Vol. 250 Issue 10, p11
Reports on Japanese automobile makers that took the top spots in Harbour and Associates Incorporated's 2001 report about productivity measures. Company that led in overall assembly productivity for the seventh consecutive year; Firm who is first in both stamping and engine labor productivity;...
- Surprise! GM Productivity Soars. Harbour, Ron // Automotive Industries;Jun2000, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on `The Harbour Report,' an annual comprehensive analysis of Harbour and Associates on the automotive manufacturing in the United States. List of important information in the 2000 report; Changes in the management of General Motors; Significant initiative taken by General Motors.
- Same name, new face. Harbour, Ron // Automotive Industries;Mar1999, Vol. 179 Issue 3, p69
Highlights author's replacement of Jim Harbour as columnist for the `Automotive Industries' magazine. Jim's influence on the automobile industry; Work of Harbour & Associates; Examples of industry issues for the author.
- Great plants are not good enough. Chappell, Lindsay // Automotive News;8/5/2002, Vol. 76 Issue 5996, p44i
Presents the performance survey on automobile manufacturing facilities conducted by Harbour and Associates Inc. Improvement of waste reduction and output in the assembly process; Dominance of Nissan in terms of efficiency in vehicle production; Superiority of Honda of America Manufacturing Inc....
- Harbour: Detroit 3 boost productivity. Barkholz, David // Automotive News;6/4/2007, Vol. 81 Issue 6258, p8
The article presents the Harbour Report on automaker productivity by Ron Harbour in Detroit, Michigan. The report revealed that Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. is the most efficient assembler of vehicles with 20.51 average labor hours per vehicle, while Toyota Motor Corp. won top honors for total...
- Top speakers will address manufacturing conference. // Automotive News;4/23/2007, Vol. 81 Issue 6251, p1
The article presents information about people, who will address the Automotive News Manufacturing Conference scheduled for May 16-18, 2007 in Nashville, Tennessee. Some of them include John Miller from Nissan North America Inc.; John Kalson, director of production in Hyundai Motor Manufacturing;...