Fast Car, Fast Development
- 1998 BMW 323is--A crisp, classy coupe. Parks, Elizabeth; Hotter, Dave // Machine Design;12/10/98, Vol. 70 Issue 22, p170
Evaluates the 1998 BMW 323is coupe. Engine design; Microfiltered ventilation; Power windows; Frameless door window; Price.
- VW revamps Polo supermini. Auer, Georg; Wanke, Dieter // Automotive News;11/8/1999, Vol. 74 Issue 5847, p24B
Reports on Volkswagen's redesign of its Polo automobile as of November 8, 1999. Details of the redesign; Engine; Prices.
- Japan's Carmakers Have a Problem. Taylor III, Alex // Fortune;11/27/1995, Vol. 132 Issue 11, p36
Opinion. Describes what the author calls `silly' themes at the 1995 biennial Tokyo Motor Show and some of the new designs for the conventional sedan. Higher roofs; Shorter wheelbases; Made for driving the streets of Bangkok, Jakarta, and Shanghai; Reasons why this new market is necessary;...
- kb's workshop. Bartlett, Kevin // Street Machine;Jan2010, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p101
The article presents questions and answers related to automobile customization.
- Cars of the future are just around the corner. // Asian Pacific Post;2/9/2012, p19
The article focuses on the role of Canadian scientists and engineers in the surge in automotive technology such as the collaborative effort between Future Vehicle Technologies Inc. and Simon Fraser University which received a grant from Automotive Partnership Canada.
- Man at His Best: Cars. Berend, Christopher // Esquire;Dec2001, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p32
Describes several designs of Ford Thunderbird automobile.
- '00 DEUCE. Oldham, Scott // Popular Mechanics;Aug2000, Vol. 177 Issue 8, p88
Provides information on the '00 Deuce automobile from Honda. Features; Engine design; Details on its drivetrain reliability equipment.
- Most Likely to Succeed in Snow. Olson, Lamont // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr2002, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p118
Features the S60 sedan by Volvo. Provision of an extra security blanket on wintry or rain-slick highways; Inclusion of an all-wheel-drive control system; Price of the automobile.
- Neon rolls at Chrysler. // Machine Design;4/18/94, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p16
Features the design and manufacture process for the Chrysler Neon automobile. Commencement of training of assembly-line employees at an early stage; Sequencing of work stations by height; Participation of workers in a design-verification drive program. INSET: What's new in the Neon..
- Companies try to bridge design-manufacturing gap. Jewett, Dale // Automotive News;5/26/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5714, p33E
Presents the results of a survey on the gap between product design and manufacturing in the United States automobile industry conducted by the Society of Automotive Engineers. Debate between shop floor managers on whether to train workers to operate more complex equipment, or to create...