Creating Happy Customers
- Managing inventory. Katcher, Phil // Automotive Marketing;Jul98, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p56
Part II. Looks at how to efficiently manage stock inventory in a distribution center. Reference to Murray's Discount Auto Stores, a 77-store chain which had a problem with its distribution center; Details on various types of automation used to improve distribution centers' efficiency; How to...
- IWDA/Road Pro observes 10th anniversary by unveiling its new marketing programs. // Aftermarket Business;03/01/95, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p30
Reports on Independent Warehouse Distributors Association's (IWDA) launching of marketing programs aimed at expansion in observance of its 10th anniversary. IWDA's preference for vendor relationships; Expansion of the IWDA/Road Pro marketing program; Effectiveness of advertising and marketing...
- Implementing a successful crossdocking operation. Schaffer, Burt // IIE Solutions;Oct97, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p34
Provides an overview of crossdocking operation. Definition of crossdocking; Crossdocking requirements; Communication between supply chain members; Communication and control in crossdocking.
- Survey finds warehouse is pivotal function. Aldred, Katherine // IIE Solutions;May98, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p10
Highlights the survey on warehousing conducted by Tompkins Associates showing that 40 percent of the respondents view the warehouse as a critical or positive function within their organization. Percentage of the respondents that considered the warehouse as positive customer service function;...
- Twenty steps to warehouse success. McBurney, Rap // Beverage World;Apr95, Vol. 114 Issue 1589, p21
Discusses 20 principles on how to successfully manage a warehouse. Includes professionalism; Customer awareness; Measurement; Operations planning; Centralization; Pace; Variety; Order-picking; Automatic identification; Real-time warehouse control systems.
- Real-time warehouse managemant systems for the future. Finkel, Ken // Beverage World;09/15/97, Vol. 116 Issue 1645, p140
Focuses on real-time warehouse management systems (WMS). Information on the impetus to develop real systems; Use of bar code-based locator systems; Futures of WMS.
- How to choose between public and contract warehousing. Morton, Roger // Transportation & Distribution;Apr97, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p107
Presents advice on how to choose between public and contract warehousing. Blurring of the line that separates public from contract warehousing; Types of agreements that must be worked out with a third-part warehouse; National Distribution Centers' provision of a combination of both public and...
- Examining WMS success. // IIE Solutions;Aug99, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p11
Presents information on the report `Warehouse Systems and the Supply Chain: A Survey of Success Factors,' on distribution, warehouse management systems (WMS), and application of WMS technologies. Alternatives of companies regarding the software they use in managing facilities; Findings of the...
- Seven warehouse trends of the next millennium. Olson, David // Automatic I.D. News;Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p46
Looks at seven trends in warehousing. Focus on customer; Consolidation of operations; Continuous flow of material and information; Emphasis on value-added services; Applications of information of technology; Space compression; Time compression.