On the Management Side
- Weed Out Poor Performers. // Successful Supervisor;2015, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
The article offers tips on how to motivate a team by establishing strong emotional and intellectual connections.
- Boost staff morale with rewards and motivation. Grubb, Dawn J. // Women in Business;May/Jun2000, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p35
Focuses on the use of rewards and motivation to boost staff morale. Importance of recognition; Tips in giving rewards; Significance of the employees' freedom to express themselves and suggest ideas.
- Revitalize your employees in downsizing aftermath. Basile, Frank // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/10/95, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p16
Discusses how to revatilize employees after a downsizing. Providing employees with flexibility, choice and control; Showing appreciation and recognition; Making employees aware how their tasks relate to corporate goals; Ensuring that an employee knows his responsibilities.
- What steps do you take when you sense employee morale is low? // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);05/07/99, Vol. 46 Issue 19, p33A
Focuses on opinions of several executives on their strategies to boost employee morale. Increasing communication and resolving issues that may contribute to the decreasing morale; Identifying the problem; Increasing sales.
- Turn around a downer. // Communication Briefings;Jan2013, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p4
The article presents a discussion on how to encourage and motivate employees, adapted from the blog "How to Respond to Negativity," by Peter Bregman.
- A Go-Getters' Getaway. Eidson, Christy // Across the Board;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p62
Suggests a method to motivate a productive team when the team is starting to slip.
- Viele Chefs demotivieren. // Die Bank;jul2013, Issue 7, p71
The article discusses the negative effects of an authoritarian management style among German and other European executives on employee morale and motivation.
- WORKPLACE WOES. Hamilton, Tish // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/5/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p33
Sixty percent of the 837 managers and 351 nonmanagers in the U.S. surveyed by New Haven, Connecticut-based RainmakerThinking in 2003 say they are working longer and harder than one year ago. Workers have to put up with additional burden owing to economic uncertainties, says Carolyn Martin,...
- 16 creative and cheap ways to say 'thank you'. // HR Specialist;Sep2010, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on the creative ways to say thank you to employees. It narrates the concept of one individual in promoting employee morale in the workplace and started on an employee appreciation program. It notes the suggestions coming from people in the industry including an...