Lifetime Dollar-Cost Averaging: Forget Cost Savings, Think Risk Reduction
- Dollar-Cost Averaging and Seasonality: Some International Evidence. Robert J., Atra; Mann, Thomas L. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p98
Presents a study which compared the performance of dollar-cost averaging (DCA) and lump-sum (LS) strategy as investment techniques. Fundamental problem in comparing DCA and LS; Reason for the difficulty in comparing the returns from a lump-sum strategy to a dollar-cost averaging strategy;...
- Dollar-Cost Averaging Good In A Falling Market. JULIE MAK // Investors Business Daily;1/14/2016, p00
The article reports on the consideration of dollar-cost averaging as the best measure for easy investment in the U.S.
- Analyzing Dollar Cost Averaging. Duncan, David R.; Litwiller, Bonnie H. // Ohio Journal of School Mathematics;Autumn2008, Issue 58, p43
The article presents an analysis of dollar cost averaging. It mentions that teachers of mathematics are always searching for situations in which students can apply mathematical processes in meaningful real-life settings. An example on how dollar cost averaging can be used in the purchase of...
- Sentimental FOOLS. FINKE, MICHAEL // Research;Dec2012, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p43
The article focuses on the implication of sentiment-driven investment on investment returns. It says that the said trend has caused investors to lose about 1.5% in average annually. It states that over-optimism is a contributing factor to the stocks' underperformance. It suggests that developing...
- The Murthys. Weisser, Cybele // Money;Jul2004, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p52
The article is a profile of stock market investor Natesan Murthy. For Natesan Murthy, 65, selling shares of a beloved stock can be painful. After a decade of average annual returns of 20%, his portfolio dropped by a third in the recent bear market. Murthy, who emigrated from Calcutta in 1967...
- Dollar-Cost Averaging: The Trade-Off Between Risk and Return. Cho, David D.; Kuvvet, Emre // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct2015, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p52
The article discusses the method of dollar-cost averaging (DCA) used in investing, as well as the trade-off between risk and return on investment. It describes investment portfolios in terms of standard deviation and expected return using a mean-variance analysis and compares the suitability of...
- What Clients Should Know About Dollar-Cost Averaging: Retirement Scan. // Financial-planning.com;10/13/2015, p1
This strategy allows clients to buy more shares over time, but it also can reinforce jitters if they're nervous about market declines; Plus, how clients can avoid Medicare Part-B increases next year.
- 3 no-headaches investment strategies. Spouse, Mary L. // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jul/Aug94, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p67
Presents three investment strategies. Dollar-cost averaging; Dividend reinvestment plan; Formula investing.
- Your best 401(k) moves. // Money;Forecast 1993, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p106
Presents five strategies for taking control of a company-sponsored 401(k) retirement plan. Why not knowing how to invest 401(k) money could be damaging in 1993; How to create the right asset-allocation plan; Taking other investments into consideration when deciding on 401(k) allocations;...