Finding Common Flaws in Estate Plans
- Estate Planning for Now and for the Future. Bean, Nancy // Business People;May2012 Supplement Business Women of Northeast Indiana, p115
The article offers tips on successful estate planning. The legal documents included in a basic estate plan includes a last will and testament, durable general power of attorney, and healthcare documents. A trust can be created as part of a will that provides detailed instructions for how the...
- Estate Planning for the Middle Market. Bajtelsmit, Vickie L.; Hopkins, John D.; Shanley, Thomas H. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Jan2012, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p36
Although middle-market clients generally have insufficient wealth to trigger estate tax liability, there are a variety of nontax issues that should be included in the estate planning component of their comprehensive financial plan. Key planning documents include wills, trusts, durable general...
- A Precious Gift. Davis, Tammy // Fort Wayne Living;Nov2012-Jan2013, p42
The article discusses the importance for persons to start estate planning as early as possible. By placing one's affairs in order, loved ones can be relieved of financial and emotional burdens during a difficult time. With estate planning, a will is the document that comes to mind. Apart from a...
- The end of something. ROTH, J. D. // Entrepreneur;Oct2011, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p118
The article offers tips for estate planning in preparation for the death of a family member. Recommendations include making a living will, granting children or family members the power of attorney, securing life insurance, and creating a master document with the family contacts and information....
- Preparing for unpredictable health events. // Healthy Years;Mar2016, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p5
The article shows an advisory in preparing durable power of attorney documents for managing financial and health decisions in case the estate holder is unable to make those decisions. Topics discussed include the importance of seeking guidance from a lawyer who specializes in estate planning for...
- Preparing for the Unexpected. // Advisor Today;Sep2002, Vol. 97 Issue 9, p41
Presents a checklist that will chow clients the importance of getting their financial and legal affairs in order. Need to have a will and to update it regularly; Power of attorney; Need to specify where importance financial account information is located.
- Estate Planning. Retzloff, Cheryl D. // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;Winter2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p54
Focuses on estate planning in the U.S. Definition of estate planning; Background on the arrangement of wills and power of attorney; Information on trusts.
- Developing your life plan. McKinney, Jeffrey // Black Enterprise;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p77
Focuses on the importance of legal and financial documents during a family crisis. Benefits of an estate plan for the beneficiaries; Definition of a will and power of attorney; Requisites of an estate plan. INSET: Estate Planning Help.
- Estate planning can be a painful experience. Henning, Mike // Hotel & Motel Management;5/19/2008, Vol. 223 Issue 9, p16
The article discusses the experience of undergoing estate planning. Estate planning is being compared to that of seeing the dentist and said to have commonalities, both the estate planning and going to the dentist were annoying, painful, time consuming, expensive, demand attention, make...