The Silent Killer
- Time for an upgrade: Creating a 10-part business plan for career success. O'Brien, Tim // Public Relations Tactics;Jan2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p12
The article offers tips on how to create a 10-part business plan in the U.S. It states that one must identify the purpose of being in the current job or the reasons for starting a business. In addition, one must conduct a market analysis and map out who is getting ahead and why. Moreover, one...
- ENTERPRISE GOVERNANCE. Van der Stede, Wim // Financial Management;Feb2009, p38
The article explains the reason business enterprises should be more cautious during business success and how they can prepare to take the risks when conditions get tougher. The management-by-exception approach focuses on problem areas, assuming that all is well where targets are being hit. It is...
- Tips for entrepreneurs after retirement. Heath, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;7/28/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p19
The article presents tips for entrepreneurs after retirement. It is necessary to start a business that capitalizes on existing experience and knowledge to ensure that an entrepreneur knows what he is getting into. Moreover, it is best that an entrepreneur knows the responsibilities and realities...
- What's Your Baseline: Don't Use the Economy. Goldsmith, David A.; Goldsmith, Lorie // Business Credit;Oct2003, Vol. 105 Issue 9, p69
Focuses on the importance of readjusting baseline used in measuring a firm's success. Aim of increasing efficiency in the market; Creation of a realistic goal for the company; Advantage of utilizing market trends and technologies.
- Common sense selling. Rosenzweig, Stan // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/7/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p30
Comments on the idea of business selling. Factors contributing to failure of business ventures; Ways to address or create a solution for business problems; Importance of business buying to the success of a business.
- `Big rocks' help balance priorities. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;02/28/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p50
Offers perspectives into achieving success in business. Illustration on how to balance priorities in life; Definition of a successful company; Announcement of top achievers in business.
- Trust, but verify. Feuer, Michael // Smart Business Atlanta;Mar2009, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p30
The author reflects on the factors that will bring companies into success in the U.S. Accordingly, he discussed the behavior, capabilities, and experiences that a good leader must possess because it is very important for an organization to achieve success. He also suggests that every...
- Minimize Risk to Maximize Business Potential. Barnes, John // State Journal (WV);5/20/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p21
In this article, the author offers his opinion on the importance of minimizing risks to maximize business potential and tips to protect one's employees, business ability, and business growth.
- CHARTERED MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE. // Management Today;Oct2008, p12
The author emphasizes the importance of responsible business even during hard, economic times. He explains that responsible business means treating employees fairly and with respect as well as protecting the environment for future generations. He asserts that a deteriorating economy should not...