How to Save Taxes by Hiring Junior
- Litigating an Innocent Spouse Case. Agostino, Frank; Koch, Monica E.; Sannicandro, Lawrence A. // Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure;Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p25
The article discusses the different aspects of litigating an innocent spouse case in the U.S. Topics covered include the number of innocent spouse cases litigated yearly, the use of state law to be sure that spouses are legally separated or legally divorced, and the differences between injured...
- Don't change terms of tax discussion. // Crain's Detroit Business;1/8/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p8
The article discusses the proposed business tax law in Michigan. The new law is reported to be designed to raise more revenue than the current single-business tax (SBT) in the state. The SBT expired by the end of 2006. The benefit of the SBT was that it provided an overall tax cut for...
- Tax incentives of joint ventures in China. Yang, James G.S.; An, Huiqin // International Tax Journal;Winter98, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p68
Focuses on the major concern of United States multinational corporation which engage in joint ventures in China. Investigation of tax incentives given to foreign investors by the Chinese government; Analysis of the possible tax savings; Definition of the tax rate structure.
- Health tax break moves step closer. Lowe, Roger // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/3/95, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p4
Focuses on US Congress's pending approval of a tax break for 3.2 million self-employed business owners. Agreement by the House and Senate; Relief for businesses under an unfunded mandates bill signed into law by President Bill Clinton.
- Public policy. // San Diego Business Journal;5/13/96, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p2A
Annouces that the Greater San Diego Chamber of Commerce has joined Assemblywoman Susan Davis in sponsoring Assemble Bill (AB) 3298, which proposes to eliminate the $800 annual franchise tax for corporations with gross income of $1 million or less. Percentage of California businesses that fall...
- Tax cuts threaten N.H.'s future economic success. MCLYNCH, JEFF // New Hampshire Business Review;3/6/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p16
The author reflects on the threats to the propose reduction of business taxes among business enterprises in New Hampshire. He mentions the impacts of the propose plan towards the sustainability and economic prosperity of public structures and services in the state. He also emphasizes the...
- Be a tax master. GORDON, DANIEL // Landscape Management;Nov2014, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p46
The article discusses tax reduction strategies that landscape business owners can consider in light of the expiration of Section 179 deduction of the American Tax Relief Act of 2012 (ATRA) on January 1, 2014. Topics covered include the need to determine year-end tax situation by making a 2014...
- Treasury Crackdown Targets Inversions Designed to Limit U.S. Taxes. Rubin, Richard; Katz, Ian // Accountingtoday.com;9/23/2014, p1
The Treasury Department announced steps that will make it harder for U.S. companies to move their addresses outside the country to reduce taxes, clamping down on the practice known as inversions.
- Crimes and Trials. Tuohy, Lynne // Bay Windows;12/19/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p4
The article offers news briefs related to criminal trials in the U.S. including Federal Court's persecution case against Massachusetts leader Scott Lively, conviction of Winthrop man in 2011 stabbing death and failure of jurors to either acquit or convict murderer Cara Rintala for the murder of...