- What's new in the Library. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p72
The article reviews several books including "Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything," by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner, "Mastering Financial Management: A Step-By-Step Guide to Strategies, Applications and Skills," by Clive Marsh, and "Becoming a Category...
- Open to new experiences. // Communication World;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p48
The article presents an interview with Sophia Dower, senior content manager at Words'worth Publishing in Johannesburg, South Africa. When asked what historical figure she most identifies with, she said that it was Winston Churchill. Dower believes that the phrase "playing in this space," is a...
- Unconventional Wisdom. Ripley, Amanda // Time;5/2/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 18, p73
Reviews the book "Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything," by Steven Levitt.
- DIAL-A-BRAIN. Pressler, Jessica // New York;6/6/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 19, p14
An interview with "Freakonomics" co-author and U.S. economist Steven Levitt is presented. When asked about his involvement in the Expert Insight video chatting service, he mentions that the service enables experts to connect with people who want to learn more about their expertise and pay them...
- Freakonomics goes Indian. // India Today;12/17/2012, p11
The article reviews the book "Freakonomics," by Vivek Dehejia and Rupa Subramanya.
- CORRESPONDENCE. McCarthy, Jim; Jorrin, Michael; Reisner, Andrew; Krausz, Stephen // New Republic;9/19/2005, Vol. 233 Issue 12, p4
Presents letters to the editor of "The New Republic" regarding articles found in previous issues of the journal. Responses to the article "Body Politics," regarding the suggestion that the government should tax certain kinds of foods; Discussion of the article "Super Freak," regarding a review...
- Superfreakeconomist. M.R. // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;May2005, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p118
Profiles Steven Levitt, author of the book "Freakonomics." Education; Career highlights; Background on the book which uses economic theory to debunk everyday myths.
- Reconnaissance. Hopkins, Michael S. // Inc.;Aug2005, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p53
Focuses on management tips for entrepreneurs discussed in the book "Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything," by Steven D. Levitt. Link between abortion and crime depicted in a story included in the book; Business lessons enumerated in the book; Factors that...
- Not quite 'Love it or leave it,' but it works. Wheaton, Ken // Advertising Age;3/3/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p69
The article discusses a poll conducted by author Stephen J. Dubner of readers of the online Freakonomics blog. Dubner is the author of the book "Freakonomics" and had asked readers to vote on a six-word motto for the U.S. Details are also provided about the winning motto and the runner up in the...