Retirement Plan Fees Continue Declining
- Post-Retirement Planning Or How To Take The Money Out. Johnson II, William T. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/3/99, Vol. 103 Issue 18, p7
Discusses how retirees can invest their retirement funds in long-term care insurance plans in the United States. Things that retirees need to consider; Tasks of insurance agents; Consequences of distributions that could raise their tax bracket.
- Retirement Plan Sponsorship by Small Employers. Purcell, Patrick J.; Graney, Paul J. // Benefits Quarterly;2002 First Quarter, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p25
This article presents information on a study that analyzed data on the sponsorship of pensions and retirement savings plans by small employers. The deductions and deferrals for employer- sponsored retirement plans represent the largest tax expenditure in the federal budget greater than either...
- Annuities and the retirement portfolio. GRILL, NORMAN G. // Westchester County Business Journal;9/28/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 39, p19
The article offers information about annuity, a popular retirement planning tool in the U.S. It states that annuity is a contract between the payer and an insurance company and it guarantees a retiree can never outlive the income. Moreover, annuity has no annual contribution limit and it ensures...
- Closing the Gaps in Retirement Understanding. Sondergeld, Eric T. // LIMRA's MarketFacts Quarterly;Summer2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p49
Presents a summary of the paper entitled, "Public Misperceptions About Retirement Security," published by the Life Insurance and Market Research Association International, the Society of Actuaries, and Matthew Greenwald & Associates. Issues where there are gaps in understanding of retirement...
- The test of term. Verdin, Richard // Money Marketing;6/8/2006, p38
The article discusses the author's views concerning protection distributors in pension term assurance (PTA) in Great Britain. Three categories of protection distributors are identified. The first, called "the not sure what they are talking about" category, includes advisers of small businesses...
- Need for retirement income is key to guaranteed minimum withdrawal benefit plans. Low, Michael // CMA Management;Oct2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6, p44
The author reflects on the advantages of guaranteed minimum withdrawal benefit (GMWB) plans for retirees, offered by insurance companies in Canada. He provides information on the scope, income plan options and concerns corresponded by GMWB, highlighting the assurance of active retirement. He...
- Transition Management Will Drive Annuity Sales. Macchia, David // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/15/2007, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p17
The article focuses on the need for annuities during the transition management phase of retirement. It is inferred that the ten years before and after retirement needs annuities to provide downside protection under the accumulated retirement assets, because during this phase, the investor may...
- Health, retirement benefits merging on MassMutual exchange platform. Gladych, Paula Aven // Ebn.benefitsnews.com;10/13/2015, p1
The merging of health benefits and retirement planning on an exchange platform is a trend worth taking note of.
- Be Ready for the Long Term. Flanagan, Tammy // Government Executive;9/24/2015, p1
A letter from a father to his adult children regarding the significance of planning for retirement is presented.