New Mexico severance-tax bond bill salvaged; awaits governor's approval
- Analysts Look at W. Va. Severance Tax Burden Differently. Kuykendall, Taylor // State Journal (WV);11/18/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p3
The article reports on the assessment of severance tax burden in West Virginia during interim meetings of the state's Legislature on November 15, 2011.
- Legislators take another stab at processing tax vs. severance tax. Kaplan, Blake // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/9/94, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p6
Reports that two senators from north Louisiana and Lake Charles are pushing for the legislation of a bill that proposes changes in the collection of energy taxes. Elimination of state severance taxes on oil and gas; Replacement of a processing tax on all hydrocarbons; Review of the Senate on...
- Processing tax proposal has industry running scared, again. Caywood, Thomas // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/10/97, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p20
Reports on the reaction to a constitutional amendment which would repeal severance tax, in favor of a hydrocarbons processing tax, which is geared towards multinational oil companies operating in Louisiana. Role of Senator Foster Campbell of Elm Grove in this process; How the bill will impact...
- About time. // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/29/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 26, p8
The article reports that a bipartisan working group of lawmakers and members of Ohio Gov. John Kasich administration will try to craft an acceptable severance tax compromise by October 1, 2015 as the final budget to be approved by Gov. Kasich will not include tax increase on oil and gas producers.
- North-Central Counties Support Keeping Oil, Gas Severance Taxes In-County. SWIGER, DARLENE J. // State Journal (WV);2/28/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the move of several counties in West Virginia including Harrison, Lewis, and Upshur to support the state legislation which dedicate oil and gas severance taxes to the oil and gas producing counties and cities.
- Kessler: Counties Should Get More Coal Severance Money. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);7/29/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p4
The article reports that Jeff Kessler, acting president of the West Virginia Senate, has expressed his gratification with the decision of Governor Earl Ray Tomblin to hold a special session to consider a legislation that would create additional severance tax revenue to coal-producing counties.
- Lawmakers See County Distribution of Coal Severance Taxes as Fair. ALI, ANN // State Journal (WV);2/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p29
The article reports on the insights of several lawmakers in the U.S. regarding the allocation of state coal severance tax in counties and municipalities such as Ohio Delegate Ryan Ferns, Senators Mike Hall, and Senate Finance Committee Chairman Roman Prezioso.
- Ruling for Montana means Crow tribe can't claim revenue. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;05/19/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30396, p1
Focuses on the US Supreme Court's decision on the Montana v. Crow case. Dispute over the coal severance tax collected by Montana; Justices' ruling that the Crow tribe is not entitled to tax revenues that was illegally collected from Westmoreland Resources; Supreme Court's separate decision to...
- Treasury Details Quarterly Refunding. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31815, p2
Reports on the decline in quarter refunding in Washington. Offer of notes to refund privately held notes and bonds; Auctions of securities.