Detroit chooses schools chief
- Stories of personal transformation. // Crain's Detroit Business;5/3/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 18, pE25
The article focuses on some Detroiters who have transformed their career after pursuing 25 years of successful careers. It is stated that after serving as the eighth president of both Wayne State University and Temple University in Philadelphia, David Adamany teaches political science and law at...
- School board blackout. Jenkinson, Michael // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/17/94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p37
Examines the novel rules adopted by the Medicine Hat Public School Board to keep their fights from being aired in the local media. Reporters denied post-meeting interviews with individual trustees on December 13, 1993; Tightly controlled news conference by board Chairman Karen Charlton;...
- Training sessions target religious right at the grassroots. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;10/18/95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the training session that has taken place in Ohio to learn how to fight attempts by religious conservatives to take control of local school boards. Overview active conservative christian groups; Formation of an organization; Building a national coalition.
- Tenn. board to halve funding in name of reform. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;10/18/95, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p14
Reports that Tennessee's board of education plans to cut its own funding by more than half and to cut down on its staff. Purpose of the restructuring effort; Creation of the board.
- New sunshine law turns up heat on Pa. boards. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;11/20/96, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the open-meetings law being protested by Pennsylvania boards. Complaints on the treatment of school boards replacement of resigning members as a personal issue; Difficulty in getting a five-member quorum during the summer vacation; First public deliberation over appointing a member.
- Regents ok interim home for new campus. Elliott, Robert S. // Inside Tucson Business;1/15/96, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p2
Looks at the approval given by the Arizona Board of Regents to the University of Arizona Science and Technology Park for the new Arizona International Campus. Other proposal approved; Location of Campus site; Comments from University of Arizona President, Manuel Pacheco.
- School-community relations: New for the '90s. Goble, Nick // Education Digest;Dec93, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p45
Comments on the changing agenda facing school superintendents and local school boards. The importance of using basic tenets of good boardsmanship; School public relations programs; Suggestions of several steps that a forward-looking school board can take; Article in the August 1993 issue of...
- Resources. // Educational Leadership;Feb95, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p62
Features the report `Schools Without Fear' by the Study Group on Violence and Its Impact on Schools and Learning of the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE). Findings and recommendations for stemming violence in American classrooms; Profile of the New York City's Resolving...
- About the New England Board of Higher Education. // Connection (0895-6405);1996 Facts 1997, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p191
Presents an overview of the New England Board of Higher Education. Mission and goals; History and structure; Student programs; State delegates to the board.
- ABOUT THE NEW ENGLAND BOARD OF HIGHER EDUCATION. // Connection (0895-6405);1998 Facts, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p199
Profiles the New England Board of Higher Education. Mission and goals; Background on the agency; Tuition reduction program created; Education reciprocal programs established; Focus on the critical importance of quality higher education in the state.