LOC dispute leads to default of $5.5 million of meat bonds
- Old Kent sponsoring new baseball park. // American Banker;9/3/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 170, p2
Reports on Old Kent Bank and Trust Co.'s sponsorship of the construction of a minor-league baseball stadium for the single-A farm team of the Oakland Athletics. Name of the park.
- Good growth in the middle. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;02/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on the growth plan of the Old Kent Bank in Detroit. What the plan was; How the bank is following the plan; Identification of the banks assets; Information on what make the bank able to compete so well against other banks.
- Thorn Apple Valley closes two plants. Galosich, Allison // National Provisioner;Feb96, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Thorn Apple Valley has closed its plants in Concordia, Missouri and Shreveport, Louisiana. Number of displaced employees; Start-up costs at Thorn Apple's new meat plant in Ponca, Oklahoma; Company's plan to open a distribution center in Edwardsville, Kansas.
- Thorn Apple cuts 400 jobs. // Crain's Detroit Business;1/22/96, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p27
Reports on Southfield, Michigan-based Thorn Apple Valley Inc.'s plans to reduce its work force. Company's plans to close some of its meat-processing plants in the area.
- Thorn Apple founder's $3M stock buy: `Restructuring.' Stopa, Marsha // Crain's Detroit Business;10/28/96, Vol. 12 Issue 44, p4
Presents information on Thorn Apple Valley Incorporated, focusing on the shares which Henry Dorman, Chairman of the board, purchased. Background on the company's financial status; Reasoning for restructuring initiatives at Thorn Apple.
- Thorn Apple sale would pay, for its execs. Kosdrosky, Terry // Crain's Detroit Business;06/29/98, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p39
Presents information on the change of control agreements signed by Thorn Apple Valley Incorporated for Joel Dorfman, president and chief executive officer of the company and executive vice presidents Edward Boan, Louis Glazier and Keith Jahnke. How the agreements were filed; Details on the...
- A short falloff in the Valley. Stopa, Marsha // Crain's Detroit Business;10/23/95, Vol. 11 Issue 43, p1
Reports about the falloff suffered by Thorn Apple Valley Inc. (TAVI), producer of packaged meat and poultry products. Problems encountered by the firm; Significant changes made by the company; Schedule of TAVI's annual meeting; Forecast by food analysts that the downturn is short term; Optimism...
- Losses may put meatpacker on the block. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;04/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 17, p3
Reports on the pending acquisition of Thorn Apple Valley Incorporated, Southfield, Detroit, Michigan. When was this announcement made; Who will be handling the sale; Comments from Louis Glazier, Thorn Apple executive vice president.
- Untitled. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/16/93, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p15
Reports on the board of directors of Thorn Apple Valley Inc.'s declaration of a quarterly dividend of six cents a share. Scheduled payments.