This Month in…
- Bank stocks surge by 2.4% on a record day for Dow. Padgett, Tania // American Banker;1/7/1999, Vol. 164 Issue 4, p28
Reports on the increase in the stocks of financial services company on January 6, 1999. Impact of the improvement in credit quality; Dow Industrial's gaining of 233.78 points.
- Dollar-Equities Disconnect Can Continue. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/29/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the view that the weak dollar and increased global asset prices disconnection will continue in 2010. Dollar strength is reportedly occurring in the face of the U.S. economic slowdown and can continue to strengthen with the rising of stocks. It is stated that if the ratio...
- Derailing the High-Speed Trading Bullet Train Before It Crashes Our Economy. Anderson, Sarah // Foreign Policy in Focus;5/1/2014, p2
The author discusses issues relating to U.S. financial market operations. She ponders on possible factors which may have contributed to the U.S. stock market crash or Flash Crash on May 6, 2010, noting how the Dow Jones Industrial Average significantly plunged before rebounding before the day...
- MARKET MOVERS. // Emerging Markets Monitor;3/15/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 46, p1
Presents an update on the U.S. securities market as of March 2004. Yield on the 10-year U.S. Treasury bills; Performance of U.S. stocks according to the Dow Jones index.
- Monitored List. // Dow Theory Forecasts;6/14/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 24, p9
Presents a chart related to the performance of stocks of companies in the Dow Jones Industrial Averages in the U.S. as of June 14, 2004.
- AdMarket 50. // Advertising Age;8/6/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 32, p28
The article highlights the stocks performance of advertising firms based on stock trading data supplied by the Bloomberg financial news service for the week ended August 3, 2001. Figures on Dow Jones Industrial Average and the AdMarket 50 Index are provided. The best and worst performing stocks...
- When Laggards Become Leaders. Sivy, Michael // Money;Jun99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p47
Focuses on value stocks in the United States as of June 1, 1999. Success of the stocks over growth stocks; Reasons; Effects of the success on the Dow Jones industrial average and the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index; History of leadership cycles in stocks; Strategies for taking advantage of...
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/15/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p37
Presents a weekly stock analysis update in the U.S. from September 3 to September 10, 2003. Dow Jones index; Standard & Poors index; Trading news; Bond index.
- Stock prices look pretty good now, but still aren't cheap. Hauke, Keenan // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p33
Offers investment advise in the U.S. Investment in stocks that are inexpensive compared with their peers and relative to long-term historical levels; Valuation records set by American stocks in early 2000; Dividend yield for the Dow Jones industrials; Historical average of price/earning ration...