Hot food--It's Automatic
- School Lunches That Make the Grade. // Working Mother;Feb2002, p34
Presents suggestions on packing lunches for schoolchildren in the United States. Importance of including fruits in the meal; Proper packing of hotdogs for drive-through meals; Refrigeration of egg-ham-and-cheese croissants.
- Got milk? Schumer says put it in school vending machines. // Nation's Restaurant News;3/25/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p18
Reports the call of Senator Charles Schumer to Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman to advocate selling milk from vending machines in elementary and secondary schools in the U.S.
- Top Dogs. // Food Management;Jun2012, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p54
The article offers views of various school officials on the specialty of hot dog toppings offered by their respective schools during lunch time. Micheline Piekarshi, Director of Food and Nutrition Services at the Oak Park and River Forest High School, Illinois, says that the school serves lentil...
- They've got milk. Manzo, Kathleen Kennedy // Education Week;04/25/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the installation of milk vending machines in schools in the United States, as part of a campaign to promote the drinking of nutritional beverages by students. Posters of celebrities that adorn the vending machines; Goals of the campaign.
- Convenience without Compromise. Martin, Charlotte // Vending International;Jun2006, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on the innovative new vending concepts of food. Hot Food concept is one of them with its rare Hot Shotz System of panini, pastries, sandwiches, pizzas and burgers at an instant. They are offered by the touch of a button. Nick Jackson, a contract caterer is the one who is...
- Fed Up. WEINHOUSE, BETH // Parenting School Years;Nov2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p70
The article relates how teacher Sarah Wu became a nutritional activist and started her blog Fed Up With Lunch which exposes the lack of fresh, healthy ingredients in cafeteria food. Some of the nutrition experts who took notice of the blog include author Marion Nestle and chefs Jamie Oliver and...
- Beverage Battle. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 4;11/7/2003, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p2
Reports on United States schools' banning of soft drinks and other high-sugar snacks from vending machines. Reason behind the decision of the schools; Steps taken by the soft-drink companies to market in schools; Implication of the trend on the juice product industry.
- Improving the food environment in UK schools: Policy opportunities and challenges. Devi, Anu; Surender, Rebecca; Rayner, Michael // Journal of Public Health Policy;2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p212
Childhood obesity and nutrition are high on the UK policy agenda because of their association with chronic illnesses and related costs. In 2007, to improve children's nutrition, the Government introduced new standards for all school food sources, including products sold from vending machines....
- Thirst for profit. Simon, Michele // Mothering;Mar/Apr2005, Issue 129, p38
The article focuses on the hazards possessed to the health of children by junk foods. The article author points that readers of the periodical know how the junk-food industry markets its unhealthy products incessantly to children, especially in schools. Over the last two years, increased focus...