Tea Takes the Spotlight
- KazdaÄŸlarÄ±ndan (BalÄ±kesir-Edremit) Toplanan ve Ã‡ay Olarak TÃ¼ketilen TÄ±bbi ve Aromatik Bitkiler. Selvi, S.; Dağdelen, A.; Kara, S. // Journal of Tekirdag Agricultural Faculty;2013, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Ida Mountains which are located in the boundaries of Balikesir and Ã‡anakkale and divides the Aegean Region and the Marmara Region are the highest and also the richest mountain in terms of rareness and endemic species. Besides, they are rich in terms of medicinal and aromatic plants due to...
- Herbal teas. Poncavage, Joanna // Organic Gardening (08973792);Mar95, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p90
Gives advice on growing mints for herbal teas. Varieties of mint; Maintenance of the soil; Harvest of leaves. INSET: Brewing the perfect pot of tea!, by J.P..
- Herbal teas: Are they folk medicine or witches' brew? Zupke, Mary Payne // Environmental Nutrition;Oct92, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p1
Looks at some of the drawbacks of herbal teas, including allergic reactions, liver damage, or even death. Problems caused by the herb lobelia, found in Smoker's Tea from Traditional Medicinals of Sebastopol, California; Senna, a laxative, found in Smooth Move from Traditional Medicinals; Claims...
- Herbal teas brew up proven benefits, potential risks. Welland, Diane // Environmental Nutrition;Oct96, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Reports that herbal tea makers have introduced an array of medicinal products capitalizing on the growing trend in `natural' remedies. Benefit of relieving mild to moderate ailments; Some ingredients which can be harmful when used carelessly; Tips for herbal tea lovers.
- A cup of kindness. McCord, Holly; Yeykal, Teresa A. // Prevention;Dec94, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p50
Suggests using your coffeemaker to brew fragrant pots of apple-cinnamon herbal tea during the winter holidays. Its spicy, cheerful aroma; Absence of calories or caffeine; How to brew it.
- Neutralize Gas with Spice Rack Teas. Goldstein, Laura // Prevention;Aug2001, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p166
Mentions spice rack herbs that keep abdominal gas under control, including fennel seed, basil, and bay leaf, with instructions on how to brew the teas.
- Rediscovering herbal teas. Megahee, Lisa // Flower & Garden;Aug/Sep95, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p52
Presents tips for herbal gardeners on preparing herbal tea blends. Availability of loose dried herbs from health food stores, herbal stores or mail-order sources; Ideal times to harvest herbs; Drying of herbs; Storage; Techniques for stronger blends. INSET: Brewing herbal teas..
- Warming teas for wintry days. Tolley, Emelie // Victoria (Hearst Magazines, a division of Hearst Communications,;Feb97, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p26
Presents herbs that enhances the flavor of tea and several recipes of herb-flavored tea. Orange-pekoe combination; Lavender and rose; `Fragrant Flower Tea'; `Lusty Lemon Tea'; `Lovely Lavender Tea'; `Spicy Rose Tea.'
- Make tea from a bog, instead of a bag! Henderson, Robert K. // Countryside & Small Stock Journal;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p66
Presents a discussion on how to make herbal tea mixes. Labrador tea plant as the base of home-grown teas; Rules in tea mixing.