Dispelling the Myths
- The Best Spreads for Your Bread. McIndoo, Heidi // Environmental Nutrition;Jan2012, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p5
The article presents information on the nutritional value of butter and margarine, two spread foods, which can help in deciding the best product for consumption. It mentions that butter is a natural product containing all saturated fats whereas margarine is a manufactured product containing less...
- Buttery Numbers. RHODES, PHILLIP // Cooking Light;Dec2011, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p43
The article offers nutrition information and tips for cooking and baking with butter. The caloric content, baking recommendations, and a definition for various types of butter are discussed which include margarine, whipped butter, light or reduced-fat butter, European and Artisanal butter, and...
- Point spread. Barr, Susan Learner // Shape;Oct94, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p32
Charts the nutritional value of various butter and margarine products. Calories; Sodium content; Taste; Texture.
- The slimmest of margarines. Geraci, Ron // Men's Health;Mar98, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p52
Provides information on the calorie and fat contents of different types of butter and margarine in the market. Link of butter and margarine consumption to heart diseases; Description of the butter and margarine of different brands.
- Butter vs Margarine. // Positive Health;Sep2003, Issue 92, p5
Compares the butter and margarine. Amount of calories; Saturated fat content; Health risks of eating margarine; Nutritional benefits of butter.
- Spread the word. Barr, Susan Learner // Shape;Oct94, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p30
Evaluates the nutritional aspects of various butter and margarine products. Taste; Calories; Salt; Processes for removing fat.
- Butter or Margarine? // Journal of Environmental Health;Jan/Feb1999, Vol. 61 Issue 6, EH Update p37
Provides information on a study which compared the effects of butter and two types of margarine on blood cholesterol. Contents of the two margarine products; Results of the study; Conclusion.
- Cholesterol-fighting margarine. // Better Homes & Gardens;Jan1999, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p32
Reports on margarine made with stanol ester, a substance found in plants, which is being planned to be sold in the United States under the name Benecol. Plant estanol ester's reduction of total cholesterol levels; Other dietary sources of cholesterol.
- Cholesterol lowering margarine launched in United Kingdom. Mayor, Susan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);04/10/99, Vol. 318 Issue 7189, p960
Deals with the launching of Benecol, a cholesterol lowering margarine, in Great Britain. Study conducted in Finland; Background information on stanol esters; Side effect of Benecol.