Spirit Cruises buoys menu
- Smooth sailing for cruise line's supply process. Perkins, Caroline // Nation's Restaurant News;4/19/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 16, p38
Interviews Jean-Yves Ghazi, vice president for food and beverage at Spirit Cruises. Preference in selecting a distributor for a spread-out and mobile communication; Importance of service and economics for operations of the company; Relationship of chef or manager with a distributor sales...
- BUSINESS ON THE TABLE. Wardle, Kelly // Special Events;Jun2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p40
Discusses menu options and service for corporate events. Breakfasts offered at Sea Trail Golf and Resort Conference Center; Popularity of low-carbohydrate diets at Aberdeen Woods Conference Center; Concern of corporate clients regarding food service; Menu for corporate evening events.
- CARTE DU JOUR. Wardle, Kelly // Special Events;Mar2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p61
Provides information on event menus that cater to the diet demands of guests. Menus created by chefs at New York Food Co. that are composed of vegan cuisine; Popularity of the Low-Carb Banquet Menu at the Garden City Hotel in Long Island, New York; Information on the Fit for You program at the...
- Higher Aspirations. Malone, Michael // Restaurant Business;3/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p32
The article presents information related to variety of dishes served in restaurants. There are evidence that chains are satisfying what's quickly becoming a voracious customer demand. Demonstration sessions at Johnson & Wales got attendees out of their seats and into the kitchen. The throng of...
- Low-carb Lowdown. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p47
Discusses some of the menus developed by food service operators to meet the low-carbohydrate demand of consumers in the U.S. Menu changes made by Carol Norman, a food service director at the University of San Diego in California; Organic food offerings at Colorado College in Colorado Springs;...
- Trading Carbs. Malone, Michael // Restaurant Business;5/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 9, p42
Having lunch with a co-worker at Dallas BBQ, a seven-unit casual chain in New York, a woman orders the BBQ burger with bacon, cheese and onion, and asks for the burger in a lettuce wrap, instead of on a bun. With such sweeping changes in people's eating patterns, menu planners and marketers are...
- Carb 'n Copy. Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;3/15/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p28
The article presents information related to low-carbohydrate diets served in restaurants. Restaurants need to go low-carbohydrate to satisfy current demands, attendees complained, but going low-carbohydrate also means cutting out many things that customers not only like, but equate with value on...
- WITHOUT RESERVATIONS. Orovan, Bill // Echo Magazine;4/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p72
Features several restaurants which are serving low carbohydrates foods in Phoenix, Arizona. Sahara Coffee House; Cyprus Pita Grill; Raimondo's Restaurant and Lounge.
- WHAT'S new? // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);3/21/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p78
Introduces new food products available in Australia. Cost of Milkybar Smarties from NestlÃ©; Information on Carb Options, a range of 23 lower-carbohydrate products from Unilever.