Coffee is Cool in School
- School specialist links nutrition, fiscal solvency. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;5/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p32
The article profiles Beverly Girard, director of food and nutrition services at Sarasota County Public Schools in Florida. Girard's aims to reenergize the staff, improve the quality and nutrition profile of the food and achieve financial stability for the department. But her objectives were...
- FOOD PSYCHOLOGY 101: Cafeteria Categories. Wills, Steven R. // Odyssey;May2004, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p30
Presents information on nutritional tips that can be picked up by students in the school cafeteria.
- Lunch and a Song. // Food Management;Oct2001, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p16
Features the theme song of the foodservice department of a public school in Charlotte County, Florida. Title of the song; Role of music in the development of a healthy environment for students; Attitude of students toward the song.
- AT HIGH SCHOOL JAVA CITY KIOSK: COFFEE GOES DOWN EASY. // FoodService Director;10/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the implementation of the Aramark's Java City coffee kiosk at Downington High School in Pennsylvania. Coffee sales; Beverages served; Information on dining procedures.
- E. BATON ROUGE: Louisiana schools `structure' kitchens. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the restructuring of East Baton Rouge Parish School's foodservice in 1999. Structure of the school's kitchen; Problem with regards to keeping good foodservice employees; Food preferences of the students; Other changes made in the the school's food service.
- Junk-Food Marketing Goes Elementary. Levine, Jane // Education Digest;Jan2000, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p32
Discusses how the school environment influences the eating behavior of children. Information on a study of elementary-school food industry marketing; Types of food served in schools; Details on food product advertisements.
- In Fla. School Dist.: `Home-Made' Concepts Double Participation. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p52
Reports the increase in the rate of lunch participation in Charlotte County Schools, Punta Gorda, Florida. Details on the foodservice concept and marketing programs at the school; Total student population; Growth of lunch service under foodservice director Carol Kehrer's direction; Food items...
- Industry Census. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p62
Looks at the results of the 1998 `Food Service Director' magazine's annual School Meal Participation Ranking in the United States (US) and details the compliance of schools to the US Department of Agriculture's calorie goals. Overall participation in high schools; Programs implemented in 1998;...
- ...while new research shows NSLP meals score better... // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p24
Reveals the results of a study which compared meals served in school cafeterias and meals brought from home by school children in the United States. Nutrient content of the meals; Implication of the results; How parents decide on what foods to pack for their children.