Wheat Hits the Street
- BANKING DATA. Durocher, Joseph // Restaurant Business;3/15/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p71
The article focuses on ways to control food and labor in restaurants. One solution is a web-based system that interfaces directly with POS units. The system polls data from each POS on an ongoing basis and warehouses the data on a password-protected server. With this setup,one can consider data...
- Quick Bites. // Georgia Trend;Jan2005, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p128
This article presents information related to famous restaurants in Atlanta published in the January 2005 issue of "Georgia Trend." Despite being named for the wild-haired God of the Vine, Bacchanalia is Atlanta's most gracefully inspired restaurant. Something about the purity of the ingredients...
- Specialty wheat protein a `meaty' addition. Brandt, Laura A. // Prepared Foods;May99, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p83
Reports on the growing popularity of meat alternatives among consumers, particularly, wheat protein. Factors driving trend; Protein-based ingredients used in meat alternative manufacture; Research conducted into the health benefits of wheat protein; Applications.
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK. Fickenscher, Lisa; Flamm, Matthew; Marshall, Samantha; Strauss, Alix // Crain's New York Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p6
The article reports that the Time Warner Center restaurant located in New York City will begin serving midday diners after a brief break. General Manager Richard Hollocou said that they are not getting enough parties of 25 people or more. The new lunch offering, a fix price menu for $38 per...
- Millennial menus: Cracks in the egg of consensus. Weiss, Steven // Nation's Restaurant News;12/20/99, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p58
Focuses on the impact of science and technology on the food supply which will change how food service and restaurant businesses will operate. Forecasts indicating the wide acceptance of genetic manipulation of food as the norm; Emergence of other food sources such as insects; Continuation of...
- THE 2ND HALF: Menu mgmt. will grow as operating tool. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p44
Offers an outlook on the state of food service and menu satisfaction in the U.S. in the second half of 2002. Areas of concern facing the food service operations in next six months of 2002; Menu management issues faced by operators; Several school districts that will be adopting branded food...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p53
Reports developments in food service in the U.S. as of June 2002. Detection of umami, the meaty taste associated with monosodium glutamate; Addition to the Hawaiian menu of McDonald's; Schedule of a weekend conference focusing on sustainable food production.
- Corp. chefs stir obesity debate, say customers want high-fat food. Thorn, Bret // Nation's Restaurant News;8/18/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 33, p6
Reports on the impact of the growing number of obesity-based lawsuits on the food service industry in the U.S. Prevalence of restaurants shifting to low-calorie menu offerings; Response of some chefs to the health liability imposed upon them; Evidence to the increasing diet-conscious eaters.
- DINING IN. // Ski;Feb2009, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p40
The article offers information on the menu of Peak Provisions in Beaver Creek, Colorado, which provides cooked food on order.