Short walk, fast food
- 5 things: Students need more time to eat school lunch. Schilling, Becky // Food Management Exclusive Insight;9/18/2015, p1
The article reports on the highlights of the news in September 14, 2015 including the effect of lunch break length to student's health, Cornell University students proposed a campus grocery stores to avoid food insecurity, and a study on child obesity caused by fast food restaurants.
- Small Business. McClellan-Brandt, Sarah // Fort Worth Business Press;5/9/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p26
Presents an update on the small business community in the U.S. as of May 9, 2005. Reason of Ron Gentry, owner of Kincaid's Hamburger fastfood chain, for opening a second store location in Fort Worth, Texas; Results of the International Profit Associates Small Business Research; Schedule for the...
- Deliveries set the tempo. // FoodService Director;11/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p8S
Looks at the concept of Quick Serve Restaurants (QRS) in schools and their operations. Broward County School District; Glendale High School; Danbury Public Schools.
- Enemy at the Gates. // Food Management;Apr2008, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p26
The article reports on the study on the number of middle and high schools that are within a half-mile of a fast-food outlet or convenience store conducted by the University of Illinois in the U.S. the locations of more than 31,000 middle and high schools were mapped and coordinated them with the...
- Student opinion only court likely to decide future of campus fast-food for brands. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;3/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the viability of the lawsuit filed by students and health-related organizations against quick-service chains for allegations of increasing health problems affecting fastfood consumers in the U.S. Increase in the number of obesity and food-related problems; Response of colleges and...
- Manhattan gets a Smashburger. ANUTA, JOE // Crain's New York Business;1/20/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p0010
The article reports on the decision of the fast-casual restaurant Smashburger to open its first location in Manhattan, New York City in spring 2014.
- Illegal motion doesn't begin to describe this. Miller, Mark; Snow, Kat // Newsweek;10/28/1996, Vol. 128 Issue 18, p63
Reports on the arrests made in connection with a series of fast-food restaurant hold-ups in Utah. Arrest of members of the Granger High School football team in West Valley City, Utah; Why the robberies were considered brazen; The surprise of residents; How the arrests revealed some lingering...
- Applying Findings to Practice. Praeger, Susan // Journal of School Nursing (Allen Press Publishing Services Inc.);Aug2008, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p249
The article highlights two studies on youth health. In the first research which examined the placement of fast-food restaurants and convenience stores near secondary schools in the U.S., it was found that 37% of public schools had at least 1 fast-food outlet nearby and 33% had at least 1...
- Unfit youth? // Current Events;11/28/94, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p2
Reports on the physical fitness of high school students in the United States. Comparison of levels of fitness with the 1980 data; Report by the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.