Barbecue debuts in New York
- U. of Rochester now contracted. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p12
Reports on the conversion of the University of Rochester, New York to ARAMARK from self-operation in July 1998. Makeover of the convenience store; Food service operation changes instituted.
- meal plan. Akkam, Alia // Hospitality Design;Dec2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p35
The article evaluates the design of campus dining facilities at colleges including Troy University in Alabama designed by Greg O'Neal, the University of California designed by the Carrier Johnson + Culture firm, San Diego, and the University of Rochester in New York designed by Mancini Duffy.
- Labor-costs eyed: Univ. of Rochester to remain self-op. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p30
Reports on the success of the University of Rochester in maintaining its foodservice operation as self-operating. Bidding for the school foodservice operation; Importance of salary in recruiting managers; Target for food-cost reductions.
- WITH NEW ARAMARK PROGRAM: CAMPUS FOOD GETS REAL. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Deals with the Real Food on Campus program of food service company Aramark. Demands of college students for cafeteria food; Options offered in the program; Elements of the brand.
- marketwatch. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p16
This section offers news briefs on the food service industry in the U.S. The Multicultural Foodservice and Hospitality Alliance honored Aramark as its Corporate Champion for 2007. The Louisville Arena Authority in Kentucky, named Centerplate to manage the food and Leverage contract for the...
- WITH ARAMARK NOW ONBOARD: C.W. Post adds brands, plans. // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Reports that Aramark has taken over food service at Long Island University's C.W. Post campus in Greenvale, New York. Conversion of the Arnold Winnick Student Center of the C.W. Post campus; Information on the mandatory meal plans for students; Food service brands to be placed by Aramark in the...
- inbrief. // Food Management;Mar2007, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p20
The article offers news briefs related to food services in the U.S. Sodexho Inc. will be accepting MasterCard PayPass at 225 phase one implementation locations, as well as to its managed corporate sites by the end of 2007. An $800,000 surplus will be used by the Grand Rapids Schools in...
- news briefs. // FoodService Director;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p9
The article presents news briefs pertaining to the U.S. food services industry as of February 2010, which includes the move by community college system Lone Star College System in Houston, Texas to hire Luby's Culinary Services to manage its food service, the partnership between the Aramark and...
- Step into the Power House. // Food Management;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p17
The article reports that the University of Southern Mississippi opened its first full-service school dining venue, a 200-seat restaurant called the Power House. It mentions that it was financed through a two-million dollar investment from Aramark Corporation, the university campus dining service...