Sharon warns of `Greater Albania'
- Election Scandals in Israel Rock 'Only Democracy in the Middle East'. Hanley, Delinda C. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Mar2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p23
Focuses on scandals in the 2003 elections of Israel. Factors responsible for defeat of outgoing prime minister of Israel Ariel Sharon; Problems faced by the Israeli public due to corruption; Allegations of corruption against the outgoing prime minister.
- Help Wanted: Chieftain with a Proven Record. Eshel, David // Military Technology;2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p7
The article comments on the impact of Israel Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's illness and almost certain disappearance from the political scene on the political situation in the country. It is predicted that Israel will experience one of the most exciting and fateful elections at the end of March 2006.
- Sharon Under Pressure. // Middle East Monitor: East Med;Feb2004, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
The broad-based support which Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon built up last year is diminishing. In the opening weeks of 2004, Sharon came under increasing pressure not only because of issues associated with the Palestinian conflict, but also as a result of ongoing investigations into...
- Who is the Right Wing Now? Darwish, Adel // Middle East;Nov98, Issue 284, p7
Reports that General Ariel Sharon, a controversial hawkish Israeli warrior has been appointed to the post of foreign minister in Israel. Factors which influenced the resignation of David Levy from that post in January 1998; Background information on Sharon; Response of various political member...
- Post-Election Challenges. Joffe, Lawrence // Middle East;Mar2003, Issue 332, p10
Focuses on the political conditions in Israel after prime ministerial elections held on January 28, 2003. Details on prime ministerial elections; Military policies of Palestinians against Israel; Possible selection of Ariel Sharon as prime minister; Political career of Sharon.
- Sharon's Bittersweet Victory Sends Labor Soul Searching. Dahan, Michael // Tikkun;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p16
Discusses several political issues in Israel as of March 2003. Details of the 2003 elections in Israel; Views of Prime Minister Ehud Barak on the loss of the Labor political party during the 2003 elections; Comments on the election campaign launched by the Labor party; Options considered by...
- Israel's top hawk may be asked to turn dove. Prusher, Ilene R. // Christian Science Monitor;7/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 153, p1
Reports on the efforts at peace in the Middle East being made by former Israeli general Ariel Sharon. His secret meeting with Mahmoud Abbas, the Palestinian official closest to President Yasser Arafat; Sharon's expected promotion in the government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, which...
- Sharon's Bid For Survival In Israel. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/9/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p17
Reports on the struggle of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in dealing with political issues and controversies in the country as of February 9, 2004. Public protest against budget cuts in the country; Reactions of Effi Eitam, leader of the pro-settler Mafdal, and Dalia Itzik of the Avoda...
- Sharon's Victory and Tight Bonds Between U.S. and Israel Hold Long-term Dangers. Marshall, Rachelle // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Apr2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the effect of victory of Ariel Sharon, prime minister of Israel on the behavior of government of Israel for Palestinians. Promise of Sharon for peace and security in Israel; Increase in the attacks of Israeli army on the Palestinians; Blockage of any movement against Palestinians by...