THROUGH THE WIRE
- Talkback. // Multichannel News;9/21/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 35, p30
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "FCC to Further Investigate Janet Jackson Super Bowl Reveal" in the September 16, 2009 issue, "New SHVERA Draft Bill Ties Local-Into-Local Service to Short-Market Fix" in the September 16, 2009...
- 'Confessions' explores TV's dark side. Mason, M.S. // Christian Science Monitor;9/8/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 202, p18
Reviews the television show 'Confessions,' which will air on the Court TV cable television network.
- Bickering owners' court disaster. Dempsey, John // Variety;11/10/97, Vol. 369 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the prospects of selling the cable television network Court TV. Court TV owners' imposition of restrictions on the Court TV sale; Non-media hesitation in purchasing Court TV as a stand-alone network; Scuttlebutt on a Court TV acquisition by Wassertein Perella; Court TV's projected...
- Court TV Sets Forensics-Themed Mall Tour. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;3/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p30
Reports the plan of Court TV for Mobile Investigative Unit tour in the United States. Operation of the network; Opinion of the television operators on the plan; Goal of the plan of Court TV.
- Originals fill Court docket. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;4/26/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 41, p18
Reports the investment on primetime programming by Court TV network in Angeles, California. Estimated amount the company will spend on primetime programming; Number of primetime programming hours the company will produce; List of television programs for release.
- CABLER COURT TV TO SPEND $140 MIL ON PROGRAMMING. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;03/12/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 9, p9
Reports the television programming plans of Court TV in the United States. Information on the upcoming programs of the network; Impact of the high ratings on the firm; Emphasis on the criminal justice system.
- Court TV'S life after the 'trial of the century'. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;03/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p38
Reports on the prime-time ratings for Court TV's syndicated drama series. Includes `Homicide: Life on the Street'; `Crime Stories'; `Crimetime Movies'; Subscriber base of Court TV.
- Court Adds Subs, Buys 'Profiler' Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p146
Reports the investments and improvements made by Courtroom Television Network (Court TV) in programming. Acquisition of the program `Profiler,' the cancelled NBC series about a female forensic psychologist; Plans of Court TV to introduce a half-hour series `Forensic Files'; Deals made with...
- 'Attica' Highlights Court TV's Fall. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p130
Reports the launching of several television programs of cable television network Court TV. List of programs; Schedule of programs; Nature of the programs.