Renamed Pioneer Adds to Passport
- Interactive TV for Wrexham. // Marketing Week;11/2/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p16
The article reports on the launch of an interactive television channel in Wrexham County, Wales to enable residents to renew library books and register complaints through their televisions. To promote the service, the council is launching a two-week awareness campaign. The Looking Local channel...
- Press Red. Haven't seen it? You will. Ellis, Leslie // CED;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p36
Reports on the advances of digital cable in the U.S. Challenges faced by cable's interactive television scene; Marketing potential of interactive television; Demand for digital cable.
- DVB-RC return channel: A new way for cable TV. Dabadie, Isabelle // World Broadcast Engineering;Feb2001, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p44
Reports on the need for interactivity in the competitive digital television market in the United States. Addition of value-added subscriber services; In-band, out-of-=band synergy.
- Meanwhile at Pam & Greg's. Jayne, Vicki // NZ Marketing Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Provides information on interactive digital television (TV). Estimated digital connections; Previous problems regarding the technology; Outlook on digital TV in New Zealand.
- RAPID RESPONSE. Reed, David // Marketing Week;5/25/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p63
Discusses speculation on the volume of traffic that interactive digital television (iDTV) will engender in Great Britain. Suppliers' use of interactive digital television to help service providers fulfill demand; Genuinely interactive services offered by Open and Telewest; Importance of...
- Creating new revenue streams for service providers. Greenall, Mike // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;May2001, Issue 317, p44
Discusses the role of television and set-top box in opening opportunities relating to interactive services and applications for consumers. Introduction of consumers to digital television; Middleware programs spawned by the digital television industry; Features of next-generation set-top boxes...
- Wireless terrestrial return channel. Scalise, Fabio // TVB Europe;May2000, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p28
Describes the return channel for interactive digital terrestrial television. Problems with the existing traditional return paths; Advantages of Synchronous Frequency Division Multiple Access; Countries that are considering digital video broadcasting.
- Digital divide crumbling in TV world. Phipps, Jennie L. // Electronic Media;09/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p36
Focuses on developments related to digital television (DTV) in the United States as of September 25, 2000. Growth of the interactive television (ITV) market; Factors affecting the growth of DTV and ITV.
- Hold the anchovies. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/10/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 29, p90
Editorial. Comments on interactive services being developed by cable operators. Natural outgrowths of other proven technologies, such as the Internet; Digital set-top box's provision of necessary set-top intelligence; Enabling of television viewers to watch their favorite programs when it...