TI Expands Its Modem Capabilities
- RF TECHNOLOGY VENDORS SELECT MICROTUNE'S CABLE MODEMS. // Modem Users News;Aug2002, pN.PAG
Reports on Microtune's cable modems. Description of the cable modems; Details on Microtune; Discussion on Microtune's radio frequency building blocks.
- Specs to guide high-speed interoperability. // Communications News;Mar1997, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p6
Focuses on a set of specifications aimed at gaining inter-operable high-speed cable modems that has been developed by the Data Over Cable System Interface Specification working group. Major accomplishment for the cable television industry; Features of the set; Interested vendors in building...
- CHARTER MOVES FAST. Haugsted, Linda; Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/25/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p1
Reports the termination of cable-modem fee payments in the cable operation services of Charter Communications Inc. Suspension of cable franchise fees; Influence of the regulation set by the United States Federal Communication Commission; Restructuring of franchise policies.
- How Comcast's Caps Affect Bandwidth Usage. Fleishman, Glenn // PC World;Aug2012, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p16
The article discusses how cable operator Comcast is canceling its monthly bandwidth limit in order to determine the effect of caps on bandwidth usage as of August 2012. Topics include how Comcast's installation of bandwidth limits will affect subscribers to Comcast's Xfinity cable service and...
- Partners Step Up Their Game To Keep Pace With Operator. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 38, p41A
The article discusses the technological advancements in the cable systems of cable operator Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Comcast has extended its influence to shape up-and coming technologies such as Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification 3.0, and influenced the direction vendors have...
- At press time. // Electronic Media;05/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p1
Reports developments in the television industry in the United States as of May 1999. Includes subscription rate hike by ESPN; Revelation of the WIS-TV source; Supreme Court order on the turn over of unbroadcast video of riots at Michigan State University.
- Getting through to MDUs. Brown, Karen // CED;Oct2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p28
Focuses on the challenges met by cable operators on multi dwelling unit (MDU) service for multi-family segment in the U.S. Importance of MDUs business for cable operators; Launching of Internet Protocol video services by telecommunication providers; Service agreements between MDUs and building...
- DirecTV adds foursomes, forecasts and more. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;11/22/93, Vol. 123 Issue 47, p28
Announces participating channels in Hughes' DirecTv direct-broadcasting satellite's programming roster. Distribution of medical-programming Physicians Television Network; Moves by competitor United States Satellite Broadcasting (USSB).
- Set-top boxes underwhelm overbuilder. Robins, Andrew // Electronic Media;8/6/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p28
Reports that overbuilder network RCN has decided to adopt digital cable conditional access solutions from non-American providers. How conditional access technology allows viewers to securely order advanced services through their set-top boxies; Obstacles encountered by the company in trying to...