- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;10/5/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 193, p2
Presents an update on cable television in the U.S. as of October 2005. Total number of viewers generated by "Monday Night Raw" on USA; Comparison of ratings between Disney, ESPN and TNT; Agreement signed by EchoStar with Nielsen for national television ratings.
- Distribution is the hang-up. J.H. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/29/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 18, p6
Reports the plan of installing a gay cable network from Showtime and MTV. Company operation on films and stuff; Management scheme on cable operators; Improvement of the programming systems.
- Cable TV. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;12/13/99, Vol. 9 Issue 47, p13
Provides update on cable television networks in the United States as of December 1999. Two films from MTV under the Original Movies for Television division; Deal of The Box music video channel with HyperTV Networks; Deal of USA Networks with MGM.
- Hits do wonders for MTV, FX. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/1/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 27, p12
Reports the business performance of cable television networks on airing blockbuster shows. Status of FX and MTV on telecast of hit shows; Survey provided by Nielsen Media Research; Success of the original drama shows of Lifetime.
- Cable TV. // MediaWeek;04/13/98, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p17
Provides information on cable television networks. The Travel Channel's prime-time block; Licensing agreement of MTV Networks with Biz Entertainment, a media company in Russia; Home Box Office's multiplex packages of services.
- Nielsen signs two first-time cable networks. // Electronic Media;10/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p42
Focuses on Nielsen Media Research's signing of five-year agreements with cable networks Knowledge TV and America's Health Network. List of other networks included in the contracts.
- MTV plots comeback after new currency guts ratings. Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;1/7/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p5
The article reports on television network MTV. According to Nielsen Ratings MTV lost an average of 13 to 15% of their audience during commercial advertising breaks compared with only 8 to 10% for other broadcast networks. MTV is planning to have product integration from Herbal Essences,...
- Youth Nets Expect Surge as People Meters Hit Campus. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p19
The article reports that cable networks anticipate a boost in their ratings after Nielsen Media Research Inc. has extended its National People Meter data to the viewing ratings of college students living outside the home. It is stated that it is the first time that the company included the...
- Dish night at EchoStar. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;09/28/98, Vol. 128 Issue 40, p43
Reports that the EchoStar Communications Corp. had given its Dish Network hardware, a direct broadcasting satellite service (DBS), to customers who have signed long-term contracts for its more expensive programming package in the United States (US). Inclusions of the offer; Reasons people don't...