Dishing Video on the Go
- To each his own. Larson, Megan // Adweek;5/3/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 18, pSR28
Digital video recorder (DVR) owners, watching what they want, when they want, are changing the face of TV programming. Tim Hanlon, senior vp/director of emerging contacts for Starcom MediaVest Group. More than a one-TV world, it will become a one-video world and media will be more than broadcast...
- Free DVRs for all (new customers). Baumgartner, Jeff // CED;Dec2003, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p20
Features SuperDish DVR from EchoStar Communications Corp. Key features; Usefulness; Availability.
- DISHING OUT DVR. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;Sep2003, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p1
Deals with the launching of EchoStar Communications Corporation's digital video recorder service (DVR) in August 2003. Significance of the launching; Views on DVR technology; Details on EchoStar's promotions for the service.
- CacheVision bows DVR set-top modules. // CED;Feb2002, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p22
Assesses the expansion of the digital video technology portfolio from Cache Vision Inc. Integration of DVR modules with consumer electronics appliances and set-top boxes; Variety of gigabyte available; Specification of DVR for operators to brand both the hardware and graphical user interface...
- Echostar Enters Portable Electronics Market With Pocketdish. Twachtman, Gregory // Satellite News;10/17/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the launch of the Pocketdish portable video player by Echostar Communications Corp. in 2005. Capabilities of the device; Pocketdish variants to be sold by Echostar.
- TIVO UPBEAT ON PENDING APPEALS ARGUMENT. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;8/26/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p8
The article reveals that DVR pioneer TiVo Inc. hailed impending oral arguments on October 4, 2007 in federal court. The arguments would address a patent infringement lawsuit brought against satellite-TV provider EchoStar Communications Corp. It is stated that a U.S. Court of Appeals denied a...
- Tivo Wins DVR Patent Lawsuit Against Echostar, Extends Deal With DirecTV. // Satellite Today;4/18/2006, Vol. 5 Issue 72, p1
This article reports on the plan of Tivo Inc. to seek a permanent injunction against Echostar Communications Corp. over the use of digital video recorder technology. Tivo filed the case in U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, and a jury awarded Tivo more than 73 million U.S. dollars...
- EchoStar Unveils HDTV Product Bundle At CEDIA Expo. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/15/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p20
Reports on a package of high-definition TV (HDTV) sets and decoder boxes from EchoStar. Prices of EchoStar direct-view CRT HDTV monitor; Features of the DISH Player-DVR 921 HDTV decoder and digital video recorder.
- ECHOSTAR UPS DVR WAR. Swann, Phillip // Television Week;9/8/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 36, p16
Focuses on the competition between DirecTV and EchoStar regarding digital video recorders (DVR) given to subscribers in the U.S. Decision of Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell to reject the proposed merger of the companies; Launch of the Free DVR campaign of EchoStar;...