- Oprah Gives Oxygen Breath of Fresh Air. Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);6/17/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p48
Announces a new television primetime show of television host Oprah Winfrey called 'Oprah After the Show,' produced by the cable television network Oyxgen Media in the U.S. Concept of the show; Timeslot; Primetime television rating of Oxygen in April and May 2002; Comments from the company's...
- OPRAH GIVES OXYGEN BREATH OF FRESH AIR. // Variety;6/17/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 5, p2
Reports on the creation of the cable television program 'Oprah After the Show' which will be hosted by Oprah Winfrey. Purpose of the Oxygen network in creating the program; Expected amount to be generated by Oxygen from advertising revenues in 2002.
- Oprah Biography Brings Record Cable TV Ratings. // Jet;02/14/2000, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p22
Discusses how the Arts and Entertainment (A&E) Network on cable television enjoyed high ratings due to a biography about talk show host Oprah Winfrey.
- Oprah Winfrey, Oxygen in talks. // Electronic Media;11/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p72
Cites talks between Oprah Winfrey and Oxygen, the woman-oriented cable network partnership of Geraldine Laybourne's Oxygen Media and Carsey-Werner-Mandabach. Focus of discussions.
- Oprah Winfrey is ready for cable. Moore, Frazier // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;12/22/2010, Vol. 45 Issue 39, p14
The article reports on the premiere launch of Oprah Winfrey's own cable television network, Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) on the New Year's Eve of 2010.
- Oprah Winfrey: In Her Own Words. // Multichannel News;1/17/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p2
An interview with television personality Oprah Winfrey is presented, in which she was asked questions regarding the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
- Prime Time of Her Life. Tauber, Michelle; Comander, Lauren; Grisby, Lorna; Williams, Kelly; Daly, Sean; Keck, William; Wang, Cynthia; McCabe, Jeannie // People;2/2/2004, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p52
It's tough to imagine Oprah Winfrey almost bald, but the talk show queen came close. Of course, Winfrey(Oprah Winfrey)'s got plenty to celebrate: Her talk show, now in its 18th season, is earning some of its strongest ratings to date. Between her business empire--which includes the flagship...
- Discovery splashes out on OWN. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;11/3/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 23, p5
The article reports on the 107 million dollars spent by Discovery Communications Inc. out of the 189 million dollars it has reserved for its joint venture cable channel, OWN, with Oprah Winfrey in New York in 2010.
- Digital divide hits - Oprah? Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p6
Presents news and insights related to cable television in the United States as of February 7, 2000. Oxygen network founder-investor Oprah Winfrey's lack of knowledge regarding the Internet; Appearance of Joe Kernen in the periodical `Playboy'; Celebrities who attended the opening of the...