Is Google Cable's Next Nightmare? NO
- Discovery's Web Efforts Get Big Lift From Google. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p10
Reports on a deal between cable TV programmer Discovery Communications Inc. and Web search engine Google Inc., which will allow users of Google Earth service to access the programmer's videos when they scout several national parks in the U.S. in April 2006. Overview of the deal; Benefits of the...
- Google Fiber Now Proposed for Residents of Provo, Utah. Weiss, Todd R. // eWeek;4/18/2013, p5
The article focuses on the plans of Google Inc. to deploy the high-speed Internet and cable TV Google Fiber service in Provo, Utah. According to Google Fiber's general manager Kevin Lo, the Provo City Councill will still vote on the measure on April 23, 2013. Meanwhile, an agreement was signed...
- Google Fiber Plans Placed On Hold in Overland Park, Kan. Weiss, Todd R. // eWeek;9/17/2013, p5
The article informs that the City Council of Overland Park, Kansas, has delayed plans for setting Google Fiber high-speed Internet and cable television service due to a liability concern in the proposed legal agreement with Google. Bill Ebel, the Overland Park city manager, said that the City...
- GUEST BLOG K.C. NEEL. // Multichannel News;9/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p40
In this article, the author says that cable's customer service was better than internet-based companies Facebook and Google offer at present.
- Google wins Outdoor Planning Awards top prize. // Campaign;5/1/2015, p22
The article announces that search company Google Inc. has recieved the Clear Channel Outdoor Planning Awards.
- Automated Ad Sales Platforms: Will They Click for Cable? Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 19, p7A
The article reports on the automated advertisement of the cable industry in the U.S. The advertisement is armed by the companies such as Google Inc. which brought a successful online advertisement approach to local television. The company eBAy Inc. let national advertisers buy cable network time...
- Think about that for a minuteâ€¦'SOON.'. Effors, Steve // CableFAX Daily;10/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 204, p5
Focuses on the actions being taken by companies and cable broadcasters to offer video-on-demand and a unified technical plant based on Internet search capabilities. Niche market for portable video players; Demand for high-value programming; Overview of the technological changes in the cable...
- Google's Cable Solution. Applebaum, Simon // CableFAX Daily;12/7/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 236, p1
The article focuses on the talks between Jonathan Rosenberg, vice president of product management at Google, and multisystem operators about video-on-demand/interactive TV/video search ventures. Rosenberg made a statement about forming very complementary relationships with distribution partners,...
- GOOGLE'S TV REDUX? WALLENSTEIN, ANDREW // Daily Variety;8/16/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 27, p1
The article focuses on the issue that Google Inc. may reintroduce its struggling Google Television (TV) onto Motorola Mobility Holdings' set-top box business, as a result of Google's acquisition of the communications company in 2011.