N.O. Concerns Shift National Show to Atlanta
- It takes organization to run association. C.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/8/95, Vol. 125 Issue 19, p109
Profiles Barbara Olivia York, vice president of industry affairs of the National Cable Television Association (NCTA). Organizing the NCTA convention; Details involved in managing a 25,000-person show.
- Familiar Digs, New Era for NCTA Show. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/12/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p8
Presents information on the National Cable Television Show in New Orleans, Louisiana in May 2004. Number of attendees in the show in 1988; Exhibit space occupied in the 2000 convention; Remarks from NCTA SVP of industry affairs Barbara York on the show.
- There, but not there. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 48, p15
Reports on the expected attendance at the Western Cable Show in Anaheim, California. Reason on absence of network participation on the exhibition floor; Moves on luring networks to the show; Advantage of using hotels as venue in meeting operators.
- Taiwan b'casters go on a shopping spree. Webster, Michael // Variety;11/28/94, Vol. 357 Issue 5, p56
Discusses various aspects concerning the cable television industry in Taiwan. Implications of the government regulations on cable television industry; Impact of the Mip Television Asia on the commercial policy regarding the industry; Economic conditions of the industry.
- CAST '83. // BKSTS Journal;May1983, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p242
The article offers information on the International Cable & Satellite Television Exhibition & Conference to be held at National Exhibition Center in Birmingham, England on September 11-14, 1983.
- Cable networks to discuss interactive marketing. CS // Broadcasting & Cable;8/16/93, Vol. 123 Issue 33, p41
Announces the holding of a conference by the cable industry to discuss the value of interactive marketing. Featured speakers; Keynote speaker; Sponsor; Date and place where the conference will be held.
- Diller added to Casbaa. Frater, Patrick // Daily Variety;8/5/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 22, p6
The article offers information on the Cable and Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia convention and trade show to be held in Hong Kong, China from October 28-30, 2008.
- Catharsis? Not Quite. Paskowski, Marianne // Multichannel News;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p52
Shares reflections on the United States cable industry at the beginning of 2001. Shedding of complete file drawers on numerous industry events; Proposal for a virtual gathering.
- Broadband Soapbox: Send Us your Expo Press Releases. // CT's Pipeline;5/15/2007, p3
The article announces the Society of Cable Television Engineers (SCTE) Cable-Tec Expo in Orlando, Florida.